My new Vitz RS Mk.1...

Dan1862

Okay,

Well, I got my Vitz RS imported directly from the land of the rising sun probably about 8 weeks ago now, and I've been doing what any sensible person would do... making it better! There are the typical few things that were wrong when it came into the country, and I added to that myself when I grounded the passenger side side skirt, but some fibre glassing, a few bits and bobs, and a new set of mags later, here be my Vitz RS... There is more to do, I need to redo the fibreglassing on the front bumper to respray it, and the same on the passenger side skirt, but when that's done, we're all done for the outside, and can start working on the ICE :D

Y1.jpg

Y2.jpg

Y3.jpg

Y4.jpg

Y5.jpg

Anyway, for those who've been following the progress fm the Echo forum, I'm sure you can already see the changes afoot from when I first bought it :)

sweet ride man. for a second there i thought it was this car before the q45 projector retrofit :D

Oooooh, I want those lights... don't suppose you know if they come in Mk. 1 fitment as well? Or where I can find out about them, or at least aquire them through dubious measures :ph34r:

Anyway... a few more pics, as people had enquired about the pod filter I've got in, just finished resizing them now...

Y6.jpg

Y7.jpg

Y8.jpg

The plan is: while the front bumper is off for refibre/respray, I'm going to replace that pipe with silicone piping to keep out more of the engine heat, though I need to source some reasonably priced silicone piping first, as it's not exactly cheapy... methinks: trademe beckons!

those are custom made headlights. he used the 7 lens hid projectors off a infiniti/nissan Q45 (beware of ebay knock-offs) and retrofitted in his headlight. so yeah you could have one too :D

Edited by chicken

First off, I just want to thank everyone for their positive replies :) ... as I'm English by birth, I posted the same pics when I first had the car on the British version of the TOC, and met with some pretty anti social people on there compared to the positive replies I've gotten on here... maybe the weather just makes people angry over there, after all, winter has only lasted about 2 months over here, and it's now sunny and warm outside again :D

Secondly... I want to add, I've found some spare front lamps to work on for the paltry sum of $4 so I can drill them and start doing the conversion to the Q45 projectors, but I just wondered: A: where I can source the projectors from in NZ, as I've not been able to find a set (guessing import through an american company thus far?) and B: if there are any instructions on how these were made, as I luuuuurve the look! It's like looking at the cannon on the front of an A10, and I just can't get it out of my head, I *HAVE* to figure out how to make them, and at least try, but I have to say; I'm a little inept when it comes to mod jobs on cars, I just kinda learn as I go, so any hints/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Edited by Dan1862

First off, I just want to thank everyone for their positive replies :) ... as I'm English by birth, I posted the same pics when I first had the car on the British version of the TOC, and met with some pretty anti social people on there compared to the positive replies I've gotten on here... maybe the weather just makes people angry over there, after all, winter has only lasted about 2 months over here, and it's now sunny and warm outside again :D

Secondly... I want to add, I've found some spare front lamps to work on for the paltry sum of $4 so I can drill them and start doing the conversion to the Q45 projectors, but I just wondered: A: where I can source the projectors from in NZ, as I've not been able to find a set (guessing import through an american company thus far?) and B: if there are any instructions on how these were made, as I luuuuurve the look! It's like looking at the cannon on the front of an A10, and I just can't get it out of my head, I *HAVE* to figure out how to make them, and at least try, but I have to say; I'm a little inept when it comes to mod jobs on cars, I just kinda learn as I go, so any hints/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

hi Dan,

finding RHD Q45 projectors will be tough but hey let me know if you find a couple of them :P

the guy made a few threads on his progress, my advice is to take your time and be patient :)

good thing you got spare lamps for $4. these projectors are around $400 a pair :blink:

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3708

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17388

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17543

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17189

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18006

Edited by chicken

stuff it... it might have to wait until our new flat is sorted out, but after looking through some pics of the A10 (those projectors just remind me of the A10... see below, and you'll understand) and I'm going to have a go at making a set of these!! ... the hard part would appear to be cutting the hole to the right size from the original lamps! I'm thinking one of the uber small brevil grinders will do the trick, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open to advice on how to go about this... as I say... on hold atm, but ya know... it's something for me to toy with in the future :D

anyway... this is why they remind me of the A10....

A10.jpg

A-10_Warthog-41.jpg