Data transfer Mobile to handsfree

Ryanocer

Would any one know how to get around the problem associated with transfering data from your mobile phone to the handsfree phone system in a grande model. I don't really want to sit there and type in all my contact numbers individually. Both systems seem to have the data transfering capabilities but my Nokia 6210 does not recognise the Toyota handsfree device and yet the bluetooth connection works. I can make calls and receive calls no problem. You would think that if the bluetooth connection works then the two devices would recognise each other. Can anyone help?

Toyota says it's a Nokia firmware problem and not theirs! That is......Nokia has up to date bluetooth firmware and Toyota systems are early gen bluetooth so backwards compatibility is getting to be borderline. Toyota is just slow with firmware changes. My 6210 has same problem on my Grande! :angry:

• 3 months later...

I found the following info on another site, this process worked ok with my Nokia E66 and 08 Grande.

I have just done it!!

I have a 6300 & a Lexus

I coppied my contacts from the phone to a new folder on the memory card via PC Suite.

Once coppied, find the folder on the phone,

open and "Mark ALL",

Select "Send Marked"

then select option "Bluetooth"

Sync with car's bluetooth and send.

Don't know if it works with other phones & Cars......

Hope this helps!!

Edited by dlindsay

Just a side note (from my little knowledge).

As far as I know, the fact that two devices connect via bluetooth, doesn't mean they can transfer data or files or all the "bluetooth protocol" allows. It depends on the hardware and what each bluetooth device is capable of doing. Could be that the audio units only allow for a sort of handsfree connection - like a handsfree earpiece. But this doesn't mean it won't work.

Eureka ! You're a bl##dy champion. Over 350 contacts I was able to transfer from my mobile and my wifes mobile as well. I was also able to split the contact numbers into two groups mine and my wifes. You wouldn't beleive how much time you have saved me. Toyota couldn't solve the problem and Nokia didn't want to know about it either. Once again many thanks I knew this car was worth every cent we spent on it.

Edited by Ryanocer

Really glad it helped Ryanocer, thanks for the feedback. I cant take credit though, I found the hint in an overseas forum. The internet truely is a wonderful tool! :)

My link

Edited by dlindsay

Just worked for me too :-) ...now I know what it means in the Toyota manual to send phonebook. Nowhere else does it give the basic info about copying files etc from Nokia or Toyota to get the procedure to work!

Thnx heaps for the info dlindsay

• 2 weeks later...

I was directed to your post - and it is exactly the same solution I was looking for!

But alas, I have spent about 4 hours trying to do this, but I get real close, and then it fails!

I have a DKU-2 cable and Nokia PC Suite. But I just cant get to the contacts which happen to be on the SIM card!

I managed to use a SIM Manager to get at the 220 odd contacts - and I was able to copy the contents to my PC as a text file and then save it back into the memory card. But it just wouldnt transfer from the phone to the SatNav Bluetooth - probably didnt like the text file. Then I tried a CSV file - but that didnt work either!

Would you by some chance remember what type of file it was which finally transferred to the SatNav?

Any help in doing this would be much appreciated.

You need to copy your contacts from SIM to Phone first. Then you will see them in PC Suite. My Nokia PC Suite for some reason doesnt use,nor can I find where to setup, the SIM as default for contacts. So after you copy from the SIM to phone memory use Windows Explorer/File Manager to find them and copy them to the new folder you created on the phone.

Then do the send proceedure. Note that the contact files are .vcf files. If you double click on them PC Suite Contact Manager will open up with that contacts info where you can edit/add info. You can also see the raw data in Notepad.

I'm guessing the SatNav wont recognise other formats when you pair it with a Nokia!

freewuns,

Thank you so much - you have been of immeasurable help!

Took me altogether about 8 hours - but I finally did it! In case there is anyone else needing to do this, this is what I found.

I had to update Nokia Suite to start off with. The new version is 7.1 and it is free from Nokia.

Next, my Nokia phone didnt have a 'Mark all' function. So has to change phones.

Having got the new Nokia Suite, I was able to get at the Contact List - each contact comes as a separate .vcf file. Took a while to get about 400 files. Saved them on to the PC. Then created a folder called 'Contacts' on a Nokia phone which did have the 'Mark All' function for the Gallery, which has the memory card.

Copied all the contacts into this folder, then used 'Send' to send all the marked .vcf files. Worked very well in the end!

Thanks again! Another happy little vegemite!