Known Aurion "quirk"

Adrian

Hi,

Just thought id mention this. But ever since i have purchased the SX6 it revs or "flares" about 1000rpm between 3rd to 4th gear but only in the first 2 km tof travel. I thought this was a bit strange but the service tech's said at the first service, this was a know "FEATURE" that happens in some Aurions in the transmission warm up cycle. I have driven other Aurions, but this didn't happen with these. Slightly annoying.

Another "feature" which I haven't experianced is, it won't go into 6th gear for the first 3 km which it OK for me because I am usually easy with it for the first couple of km's.

Any one else been told of this or other things ?

Thanks

Adrian

Edited by Adrian

Hi Adrian. Ive got the SX6, have done about 2000Km so far. I hav'nt noticed any flaring between gears when cold and exessive flaring certainly would be annoying rather than a "feature". I have noticed gear changes are more predictable after the first km or so. I believe 6th gear is purposly disabled until the trans warms up which is quite normal in many auto transmissions. Picking the difference between 5th and 6th gear can be hard as torque converter lockup comes into the equation. It would be great if the dash display indicated the gear it was in. Does it still flare when in sequencial shift with 6 range selected?

Philco

slightly off-topic... what do they do at the 1000km service?

have been running my aurion on seq shift these few days, hope it doesn't kill the car? :/

slightly off-topic... what do they do at the 1000km service?

have been running my aurion on seq shift these few days, hope it doesn't kill the car? :/

Hi saintly. At 1000km service, they will probably offer you a cup of coffe and tell you to come back at 7500KM or 6 months...whichever comes first.

Seq shift wont do any harm if you dont consistantly over rev in gears till its run in.

Philco

Hi,

There was no 1000Km service for me, the just said bring it in before 5000km (So I did a 2600km). But don't think they did much except straight'en my exhaust because the tail pipe was hitting the body. Didn't even get a service docket because it was free.

I'm about half-way to 1000km service..

Been told by Warren toyota that the service is free... so i'll be going in :)

Hi saintly. According to Toyota dealer were I bought my car from there is no Service as such at 1000KM. Up until about 5000Km or 3 months all they will do is a complimentary inspection and address an issues you may have. 1st oil change is at 7500km or 6 months.

Philco