Toyotalink

hallett505

Final outcome :-

So, I went to pick up my car at about 3.30pm today. It's ready and is 100% working now, they said. I asked what was wrong with the Toyotalink. They said the battery pack wasn't accepting charge and was dead so they replaced it. I then asked why would that have occured.

Get ready for this.

They said that in the previous service, they had done a "software update" on the Toyotalink, and on SOME Presaras, it can cause the battery to not charge.

I'm like, W......T...... F....?:blink: :blink: .

Then they said, they've also updated the "software" and have tested the system extensively (they later told me this "extensive" test involved driving round the block dry.gif ) and the indicator stays green now.

What's this "software update" sheet?

I smell BS. The cynic in me is thinking the more likely scenario is when they diddled around with the Toyotalink last time, they somehow didn't secure the battery connection so after a while it loses contact thus not enabling the battery to charge. The Toyotalink system still works because it'd be running off the car battery, but the backup battery is offline.

Anyhoo, it seems to be fixed. I just need to go contact Toyotalink while in the car and have them run a systems check.

BB.

Anyhoo, it seems to be fixed. I just need to go contact Toyotalink while in the car and have them run a systems check.

You can do a systems check online.

You can do a systems check online.

Yes, you can. But the operator has access to more functionality and can better see if everything is working as it should be or not.

The online system check didn't tell me my backup battery is dead. It just said my vehicle's battery has sufficient charge. Not very helpful info, I'm afraid :huh: .

When I first activated the Toyotalink service, I was informed by the operator that it's a good idea to push the Toyotalink button once a month and get the operator to run a systems test. It sorta makes sense because the last thing I'd want is to not test it once a month, leave it for yonks, and the one time I need to use it, it doesn't work.

• 2 years later...

• 1 month later...

Did you purchase this car secondhand? If so, you are most probably not subscribed to TL. Phone Toyota Link and they will be able to tell you what you need to know.