ODO meter, Adaptive front light system (AFS) and Automatic highbeam

CVY

Hi,

I had my first Aurion Presara 2009 few weeks ago from a car dealer. I had some issue with the ODO meter, it read about 46941km but when the dealer done up my paper he wrote 52450km. After a few email to him and to his boss, he decided to change the ODO meter back to its original reading. I am wondering did the dealer altered the ODO at all from 52450km down to 46457km? Is there any where I can check?

I love my Aurion and its good. Can any one help me to find out how to test whether my Adaptive Front light system (AFS) and the Automatic Highbeam is working? I tried a few times at night but it seems that the AFS is not working and while driving with my Highbeam on, it did not automatically switch to low beam when another car is approaching.

Can someone advise?

cheers

wtf? Now that's some fishy business they're conducting there. Why would they wind the odometer back to the number at which their papers state without any reason. And having such discrepancy gets me wondering was the odometer originally at 52k km or 46k km?

Did they alter the reading on the car or on the paperwork? It is possible that it was a genuine mistake writing the wrong thing on the paperwork, but altering the reading on the car is a BIG no no.

Yeah, I am not very sure but I suspect. It's a different 5500km, that can bring the price up a bit. That is why I need to find out whether are there any serivce in the market that can check cheating ODO meter.

What about testing Adaptive Front light system (AFS)? Also in regards to the Automatic Highbeam did not deam down when car is approaching. Does Aurion presara 2009 does not come with this feature?

Any comment, suggestion :)

2009 Aurion Presara does NOT have automatic high beam.

The AFS function is fairly noticeable when driving, just watch the cut off mark/line of your headlights while you are driving and you will see it move as you steer around the corner, AFS will only work while your car is in motion. Also maker sure you have the AFS button depressed, the AFS button is located to the bottom right, above the bonnet release latch.

Do you have the service book for the car? that should have what the odometer reading was at each service interval. Also check with Vehicle registry, they might have records of what the car had done at each time of change of ownership.

The AFS light is on my Presara indicating a fault, I took it to the local dealer who says the left hand servos are unserviceable. They want to replace the entire left hand headlight assembly at a cost of $2,000 dollars.

I thought of trying to get one from a wrecker or even trying to source one myself from the Internet.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do? 2 grand is a lot of money to spend on a headlight.

Cheers