80 series petrol gutless?

CruiserDan80

Hi everybody, I have an 80 series petrol 4.5l 1995, auto. Recently I towed a caravan around australia with no problems at all until I can home. Since being home the cruiser is very gutless. At first I replaced the fuel filter, plugs, and tested leads. The engine didn't misfire as such just very gutless. I then removed the fuel pump in the main tank and check it for dirt. It was spotless. Even so I replaced the pump and filter on the bottom. No better. I then had the main muffler changed incase it was blocking up. No different. I drive it for about a month using an injector cleaner in the fuel. It started to start up very rough then clear itself. I bought some reconditioned injectors from eBay and put them in. Since then it has a rough idle, and sometimes a misfire. I replaced the leads, cap and fuel filter again for good measure. No change. When it has been running for a while and I switch it off it starts with a definate misfire. I have removed each injector plug to see which one it is but they all make a difference. Today I compression tested it and found 220psi in all but one cylinder. No. 5 had 190psi. I didn't think that was enough to create a misfire and lack of power. Anyone with sensible suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...