Radio after flat battery

Wondering if anyone is able to help with a 'dealership set' code to get my 2005 Toyota Corolla radio to work after a flat battery. Bought from Harris Freer Toyota in Berwick. I've lost the card that had the code on it, it's not the last 3 digits of vin, I tried that. Apparently each dealership sets its own generic code for all its cars, but without knowing it I need to take it in & have it decoded for $88.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually is last part of VIN, done it before, but it was tricky to put the code in.  Are you sure your following the procedure to do it correctly.  Theres a limit to the number of attempts so each attempts must be careful.  Are you getting VIN off the windscreen or ID plate on car?

Have entered the vin off the windscreen , manual & plate (all the same). (Ex) Partner had previously tried all sorts of combinations, hence it going to the 'help' screen after the last attempt of the vin. Spoken to Toyota & they will not provide the number, so I was hoping someone had bought a car from the same dealership & I could try their code, if it wasn't their vin number.  I have found how to revert back to the screen where I can enter the code, I just need the right one. I refuse to pay $88 to get a code that I'm hoping someone knows 😧