AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denepeep

Toyota hiace maintenance questions!

1 post in this topic

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum, vans and also dual fuel which my new (second hand van) currently has!

It is a Toyota hiace 1996 with dual fuel. As for engine model and other specifications I am not sure (I pick up the van this Sunday as it is currently getting a roadworthy). 

However my last few cars I have always serviced myself unless there was a problem that I couldn't fix myself then I would have it checked out. But I have NEVER serviced a dual fuel vehicle or a van. 

My questions are, Basically what would give me a really good idea with servicing this is what would YOU do/change/check if you were servicing a dual fuel vehicle? (And if you say "change oil", if you could please tell me what kind (may be different because of lpg :/ )) 

And also is there anything on vans that I would need to lookout for? Anything that wears out more than cars? I have heard something about the radiator needing to be maintained VERY well more so in vans but not sure how true this is... 

Thanks guys! Any help would be appreciated! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Saad Hassan
      Hi, im having trouble finding the correct rear brake rotors for my 2002 toyota avalon sorrento MCXR10 MARK 2. theirs different sizes for this model and i need help to get the right one. any help will be much appreciated, cheers
    • By alphasinity
      Hey guys, 
      Im currently looking for any recommendations on where is the best place to get lowered springs or coilovers for a 2005 Toyota Corolla Levin. I see on Ebay and they go for 1000k+ in which is out of my budget range as which I am only 17. Ive been thinking on getting Kings Lowered Springs for a while but deep in my mind I still want some coilovers. If anybody has an idea or is selling what I need above. Please contact me. Your help would mean a lot! 
      Cheers. 
    • By Myxalplyx
      Hello all,
         I need your help with some info.  Those of you that have the TRD Supercharged Aurions, can you please tell me two things?  ...
      1)  What are your air/fuel ratios above 5000rpm to redline?  and
      2)  What is your ignition advance from 5000rpm to redline?   

Any help with this information would be very helpful.  Thanks in advance.  
    • By JPBJK
      The time has come for the family to try a "lifestyle" vehicle. We like the HiLux and D-Max. Does anyone on here have a 2017 SR5? Before purchase did you consider a D-Max?
      The HiLux doesn't seem to get a lot of respect from motoring writers who all bang on about the Amarok. CarConversation rated it highly though: http://www.carconversation.com.au/reviews/2017-toyota-hilux-sr5-4x4-double-cab-review 
      I welcome your thoughts, the D-Max is considerably cheaper.
    • By JPBJK
      Hi All,
      Just wondering how other C-HR's are performing fuel wise? Currently I can't get below 7.3L/100km no matter how carefully I drive. I came across a good review where it mentioned they got the test car to match the promoted figure: http://www.carconversation.com.au/reviews/2017-toyota-c-hr-koba-review but I was wondering how everyone else's C-HR was on fuel?
      Anyone get below 6.4L/100km??