AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denepeep

Toyota hiace maintenance questions!

1 post in this topic

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum, vans and also dual fuel which my new (second hand van) currently has!

It is a Toyota hiace 1996 with dual fuel. As for engine model and other specifications I am not sure (I pick up the van this Sunday as it is currently getting a roadworthy). 

However my last few cars I have always serviced myself unless there was a problem that I couldn't fix myself then I would have it checked out. But I have NEVER serviced a dual fuel vehicle or a van. 

My questions are, Basically what would give me a really good idea with servicing this is what would YOU do/change/check if you were servicing a dual fuel vehicle? (And if you say "change oil", if you could please tell me what kind (may be different because of lpg :/ )) 

And also is there anything on vans that I would need to lookout for? Anything that wears out more than cars? I have heard something about the radiator needing to be maintained VERY well more so in vans but not sure how true this is... 

Thanks guys! Any help would be appreciated! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By MekoSix
      Wondering if anyone knows if the seats from a current model Hiace would fit my 2004 model? We do a lot of touring and the current seats have seen better days, after a few hours on the road it becomes really uncomfortable. 
    • By MCN
      Hi there,
      I recently bought a Toyota Land Cruiser 2014 overseas and had a problem with navigation system, I am getting a message "A Program Cannot Be Read, Please consult a dealer" , I send it to Toyota official service centre but they cannot do anything about, tried to contact Toyota Japan but nothing as well. 
      I bought it second hand I do not even know who is the main dealer to contact, tried to search line using part number but was not successful.
      I attached all the images of navigation system and the dealer number.
      I will really appreciate if someone can point me to the right direction.
      Thanks,
      Marc

• By mar06mir
      Hi guys,
      Replaced coolant today. A relatively easy job, but I'm not sure if I managed to drain all the old coolant. First opened the radiator tap and drained about 4.5L, then opened the engine block drain (v. hard to get to) but only got 50mL or so out of this one. According to service manual there should be about 5.5L total. Any ideas?
    • By ToyotaDan
      Hey guys and gals,

My name is Dan, I own a van, oh look I rhymed, that wasn't the plan...
      I'll stop :P I recently bought this beautiful beast and have always had toyota cars. Only vehicle I've owned that wasn't was a Honda spada 250cc.
      Would love to catch up with people,I'm currently restoring the exterior (not completely but I'll do my best) I'll probably ask for a lot of help but I'll probably provide a fair amount as well. See ya on the boards!! 

Dan
      Man with a Van

• By nushydude
      Hi guys, 

The next service for my 2007 Aurion AT-X is coming up in a month and I am planning to buy parts for it (and for the future) at the autobarn 20% off sale this weekend. The service is going to be a general service, but if you are wondering, the last service I did was the 90,000km major service when I bought the car. I included it as a package when I bought the car from Camberwell Toyota. (The previous owner had not done the 90,000km service).
      With your advise, I have decided to just do a general service from here after. I will be getting it done from a mobile mechanic. 
      What should I buy? Couple of Nulon Long Life 5w30 6 litre cans? 

Cheers