Right hand indicators are fast when brake is applied and parker/head lights on

kznChriso

Hello everyone

Very much new to the group and was hoping to gather some information on this crazy indicator issue of mine.

Model is 2004 Hilux 3.0 turbo D manual dual cab 4x4.

Basically the issue at hand is, with the parker/head lights on and the brake applied, when the right hand indicators are selected the rate of flash increases, but as soon as the brakes are released they slow down to normal speed.

Also, when I have looked at the tail lights all under the same condition of operation head lights on and RH indicators selected but no brake applied, my brake light flashes at opposite time to the RH indicator. Same goes for my right bulb of the registration plate light it also flashes as well as my left hand reverse light bulb.

Just to confirm as well this does not happen when the LH indicator is selected with parker/head lights on and brake applied or not and does not occur on either side with parker/head lights off and indicators selected.

Just hoping anyone could shine some light on this problem, any help would be greatly appreciated as I wouldn't mind trying my hand at fixing it. 

Thanks guys!

I would check the earths are all connected and also check the resistance with a multimeter. This is easier said than done.

The other thing to check which is much easier, is that the correct globes have been fitted. I have seen incorrect globes(eg. single filament in a dual filament socket) cause all sorts of issues in the past.

5 minutes ago, trentmeyer23 said:

I would check the earths are all connected and also check the resistance with a multimeter. This is easier said than done.

The other thing to check which is much easier, is that the correct globes have been fitted. I have seen incorrect globes(eg. single filament in a dual filament socket) cause all sorts of issues in the past.

Yeah I can imagine it would easier said than done trying to find all the earths, I have given them a thought, that and the relay. 

But I will double check the bulbs.

oh i forgot to mention as well that this has been intermittent, hasn't done it in a while then all of a sudden after the flood it started again, coincidence perhaps?

Hi there,

It happened to me one day when they gave me the wrong globes. So you could have one globe with the wrong resistance that macks up the rest when they operate. Check if you have replaced a globe recently and try replace it again.

Regards

Noel