2004 Sportivo bush replacement

Hey guys

I own a 04 sportivo (pre face lift) and completed my first track day on the weekend.

one thing i noticed was when car is under load (full throttle) shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd is sorta hard/notchy. so after much thinking, i think the bushes may be worn for the gearbox mount etc causing extra slop making it hard to shift.

what i was wanting to know is, has any one replaced bushes? if so do you have part numbers and which bushes did you replace?

im not getting any crunches so i know my synchros are fine. just a little hard shifting thats all.

ta

Ash

I have previously used Sikaflex to reinforce the engine and transmission mounts on a few of my vehicles with out any issue. Most of the time, I remove the mount, fill the spaces with Sikaflex and bake it overnight in the oven at low heat about 80C to aid the curing process instead of waiting 24-48 hours.

On my Nissan Pulsar, I used solid Prothane mount inserts but the vibration through the chassis was too much so I ended up drilling holes in the front side engine mount. I am sure that I ended up using Sikaflex on the rear engine mount instead of the Prothane insert because of the vibration issue.

• Like 1

I have recently purchased the Energy Suspension engine mount inserts from Monkey Wrench Racing. I've heard many success stories but also many complaints about the vibration caused from them. I've heard of people using Sikaflex in the past as campbeam has stated above but haven't seen any in person.

I'll be adding a decent review of them once I have them installed.

Parts numbers for engine mounts, courtesy of forum member Blacksheep.

Front engine mount 1236122080
Rear engine mount 1237122170

EDIT: Link for inserts - https://monkeywrenchracing.com/product/energy-susp-bushing-kit-celicacorolla-engine-mount-inserts/

Edited by Squalled