New Zr6 - Have a Question?

DKzr6

Hi All,

I'm new here. I just got my Feb 07 build Aurion Zr6 in White last wednesday. Awesome car, absolutely love it. I came out of an 05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-Spec B.

I wanted something bigger with Auto, and the ZR6 fit the bill perfectly.

Anyway i have a question about the car.

When you first drive off in the car, at about 10-15km per hour i get a clunk coming from the front engine bay. Not really loud, just a noticeable thud. It only happens when you first drive the car after its been parked.

Once you are going, you can stop at the lights, start and not have any sounds. Its only after its been parked. At first i thought it may have been the 1-2 gear change, but lately i've noticed it after or before the gear change. It sounds like something is engaging or disengaging.

I have my first 1000km service on Tuesday and will get Toyota to look at it. I was just curious to see if anyone else had the same problem?

Anyway other than that, i absolutely love the car. Here are some pics. :yahoo:

front.jpg

Side.jpg

back.jpg

Awesome photos.

That sound you hear must be the ABS initializing itself.

Thanks.

Cool. Yeah i thought it would be something like that. I'll get the service guys to check it out anyway when i take it in on Tuesday.

DK, which dealer did you get yours from? I mean, which original dealer did it come from? Cos i test drove a white zr6 from Sydney City Toyota about end of February, just wondering if it's the same car hehe. They had a bit of trouble selling it i think, cos of the colour.

Edited by FiJ

DK, which dealer did you get yours from? I mean, which original dealer did it come from? Cos i test drove a white zr6 from Sydney City Toyota about end of February, just wondering if it's the same car hehe. They had a bit of trouble selling it i think, cos of the colour.

It came from Toyota Cardiff. Not sure if anyone drove it. It had 8km on it. The white ones are probably harder to sell, can't see why. I think with window tint, they look very classy.

Edited by DKzr6

• 3 weeks later...

It came from Toyota Cardiff. Not sure if anyone drove it. It had 8km on it. The white ones are probably harder to sell, can't see why. I think with window tint, they look very classy.

Oh yeah.... white or red or blue would be the sexiest!

I got a red,it was either that or white(SX6 white or ZR6 red)

Whites very nice to!!

I got a red,it was either that or white(SX6 white or ZR6 red)

Whites very nice to!!

Just curious why you would want the SX in white and ZR6 in red? I mean there's no difference in shape, only exterior difference is the sensors.

I got the ZR6 in red and the windows tinted and was pleasantly suprised with the result, especially with black personalised number plates.