96 camry problems

vino

Hi, it seems that im having power loss after fixing a new v6 motor to my camry wagon as my previous motor died after 270 000km of travelling.

It feels like the torque convertor isnt transferring the power to the wheels properly. Do torque convertor wear out like a normal clutch?how much does it cost to replace it?

im looking for reliable mechanic in perth who are familiar with toyotas...hope some1 can help me! :(

overtime they wear out just like a clutch. if you've had your car for 270,000km and haven't had it looked at, i'd say it's worn out..

my mum's camry's one is wearing out. i can notice the power decrease, if i can even call it power.. :rolleyes:

overtime they wear out just like a clutch. if you've had your car for 270,000km and haven't had it looked at, i'd say it's worn out..

my mum's camry's one is wearing out. i can notice the power decrease, if i can even call it power.. :rolleyes:

sif rolleyes noob, twin cam mang! ever heard of vvti ? LAWL :yahoo:

I got a gearbox flush and service on my 1990 Camry at 170,000 kms it went a lot better after that. It was some high pressure thing they did at the Mobil service stations

At 285,000 it was still changing like new. I was looking at buying a Xsara and the dealership sold Ferraris (toowong round about in Brisbane). For a trade in the guy took it for a test-drive and was amazed at the quality of the changes thought it was like new.