Moving to Sydney

JBop

Moving to Sydney  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't move to SE Queensland... they don't have the water to support you...

We'd have plenty of water if everyone from down south would stop moving up here :P

I'd personally stay away from Liverpool (no offence d_ice). Worked in that area for over 2 years.

Way too many junkies for my liking... all the junkies pretty much moved from Cabramatta to Liverpool.

The property prices there are also a joke, you get brand new units next to a cemetery with a asking price of 350k. Then you get older housing about 5 mins walk away on the other side of the main road for a similar price. Stupid property developers... to many properties all consolidated into the location.

i actually live in casula... 3km south of liverpool... its way cheaper n more affordable... but yea its a ****hole... i just moved there a couple months ago from fairfield i miss it dearly :(

hahaha

it's really funny to hear how u guys talk about ur own city. sounds really diverse over there.

of course perth has "cool peeps," but we're pretty much all the same here. we're all nice haha and sometimes nice gets boring. ill probably end up missing the niceness, but ill deal with that when the day comes.

not to sway the poll or anything, but wtf? 50/50??? i need it to go either way so i can stop packing, or book my ticket already :P

• 3 weeks later...

Leave Perth if you want to, but stop in Adelaide.

Why?

1. The absolute furthest you can live from the CBD is 45 mins, if east and west, try 20 mins

2. Accomodation affordable

3. Generally a more relaxed lifestyle

4. Great restaurants and cafe culture

5. Arts festivals, the Fringe, Womadelaide

6. the most beautiful cricket ground in the world

etc etc

In the interests of balance here are some "small town" negatives that make the place quite, umm, quaint.

1. We have a one-way freeway (where else can you get one of them??)

2. If there is a black spot or suicide roundabout (Britannia for example) we cant improve it if it means chopping a tree down.

3. you see someone you recognise but dont really know at least once a week (and no its not because we are all inbred).

4. Public transport a bit dodgy from some parts of the city

5. 7 times out of 10 you can drive 35 clicks and stop at EVERY traffic light.

6. the only booming industries are defence and mining

Edited by Trufflepig