System Static

Joe-E T

As of Thursday i have a sound system in my car.

Ill give u the details then ill let u know my problem..

Stock HU - 6 stacker mp3... Pioneer 2ways at the front with the stock tweeter, Pioneer 10"sub and a clarion mono and 2ch. Running hi-lo converters from each amp. Was happy with it, u know, pro installed and all

When i pump the music loud, it sounds excellent, as good as it can. But if u listen carefully, high or low volume u can hear a static sort of sound. It doesnt stop. At first i was thinking, oh its the quality of the cd i put it. It was burnt so i assumed that was it. Then i put in an original cd, same trouble.... hmm. Radio is the same, fm/am, same deal.

Had a think about it, thinking there is some form of interference, maybe a noise filter is needed. Suppressor perhaps.. ?? What do u guys think, anyone had the same problem..

Another problem, when i turn the deck off, to use the fone or whatever, theres a clicking sound.. with the key in the ignition or even just on acc. So yea.. bit of a drama..

Thanks

Well after rigorous testing of the speakers, amps and sub, i've come to the conclusion that one of the hi/lo level converters are stuffed. The one ive run to the speakers creates the static. I tested using it by itself and static was still there. I tested just the other converter with the sub, and what do u know, static gone. One more test i need to do is to use the converter ive currently got on the sub with the speakers and if static is gone, well then we've found our problem.

I picked up the converters from Jaycar, just your standard $15 ones. I was wondering if anyone recommends a particular one, a certain brand or one from a certain shop that'll do the trick...??

So, now all testing has been done, ive discovered my headunit is producing the static... i attached an old deck i had and there was no static...

Its the original 6stack mp3 that came with the car.. anyone else had the problem b4?...

looks like im now in the market for a nice double din HU...