2zz Sportivo Alarm / General Wiring

Hi Guys. I have been searching the internet and various forums trying to get my hands on both a workshop and wiring diagram for my 05 Sportivo. I have also spoken with a few members who are also after the same. It seems that when I do spot a link, it turns out broken! :angry:

I was wondering also if anyone had a cheat sheet for alarm wiring points?

Now before some of you start jumping up and down saying that they wouldn't post it for "security" reasons I would like to say that this information is quite easy to work out for a thief that wants a Sportivo / Corolla anyway. Secondly, if you are worried, it must be that the alarm you have hasn't been installed all that well. ...

It's just that I would rather spend the extra hour or so doing something else other than probing wires over the weekend. If you can help with any info but don't want to post please feel free to PM me.

...... I find it hard to believe that no one has a workshop / wiring diagram in the whole forum, or is it just that you would rather keep it for yourselves. <_<

Any help would be appreciated.

I just had a very quick look at the wiring diagrams that I have here, and my conclusion is that you're going to have to be more specific...

My understanding (feel most free to correct me anyone), is that the VIP (vehicle intrusion protection) system works thusly: sensors are attached throughout the car - windows, door open, bonnet open etc. Then, just for fun, more wires come out that work to activate the horn, lights etc. Some, if not all of these sensors go through the ECU. Now, either the alarm is itself connected to the ECU, or the sensor wires bifurcate and go into the alarm. Some VIPS have their own ECU. Which then I tihnk begs the question: what type of alarm do you have?

My cursory look (and damn i'm tired), shows a lot of wiring... and I never installed my own alarm.

I guess what i'm saying is that I have the info, but there is a lot of it.

I just had a very quick look at the wiring diagrams that I have here, and my conclusion is that you're going to have to be more specific...

My understanding (feel most free to correct me anyone), is that the VIP (vehicle intrusion protection) system works thusly: sensors are attached throughout the car - windows, door open, bonnet open etc. Then, just for fun, more wires come out that work to activate the horn, lights etc. Some, if not all of these sensors go through the ECU. Now, either the alarm is itself connected to the ECU, or the sensor wires bifurcate and go into the alarm. Some VIPS have their own ECU. Which then I tihnk begs the question: what type of alarm do you have?

My cursory look (and damn i'm tired), shows a lot of wiring... and I never installed my own alarm.

I guess what i'm saying is that I have the info, but there is a lot of it.

I believe you must be talking about a factory alarm or factory upgrade???

All I'm after are the wire colour and locations to install an aftermarket unit. As the unit I'm installing has remote start, turbo timer, window close, etc, etc it has over 30 odd wires. It would make life alot easier if i could follow a diagram so that I don't have to manually find each wire myself. Can be done (quite easily even), just takes time... I would be interested in your wiring diagrams if you're willing to share them. Thanks.

wot alarm did u get dts?

A "Code Alarm" from the US. Almost finished. Started installing it last night and continued it today. Have had a few in previous cars and they are rock solid. Never had any problems..... Can't wait to be able to use the remote start on those chilly mornings... ;)