toyota celica ZR vs honda civic vtiR EK

terrynhu

Hey guys,

Im new to this forum and use to be a Honda owner. i have recently sold my car and im thinking of buying either a toyota celica ZR or a honda civic vtiR EK. I have owned my previous Honda Civic for almost 2 years and enjoyed driving it very much and miss it heaps but had to let it go due to personal reasons, but nowadays when i go out all i see is people driving civics and integras so i was thinking of migrating to the toyota clan :D

The Honda Civic vtiR is quite quick in my opinion and has been one of my all time favourites since i just love the shape and has Vtec, but i have stumbled across a celica ZR which also looks nice.

What are the main differences in performance and handling wise for these 2 cars. The only thing in which i am familiar with is that the celica is 2.2ltr and the civic is a 1.6ltr.

and also what is the average price of these celicas?

please let me know your opinion guys

ps. it is a 1997 toyota celica zr model

thanks guys

Edited by terrynhu

Hey guys,

Im new to this forum and use to be a Honda owner. i have recently sold my car and im thinking of buying either a toyota celica ZR or a honda civic vtiR EK. I have owned my previous Honda Civic for almost 2 years and enjoyed driving it very much and miss it heaps but had to let it go due to personal reasons, but nowadays when i go out all i see is people driving civics and integras so i was thinking of migrating to the toyota clan :D

The Honda Civic vtiR is quite quick in my opinion and has been one of my all time favourites since i just love the shape and has Vtec, but i have stumbled across a celica ZR which also looks nice.

What are the main differences in performance and handling wise for these 2 cars. The only thing in which i am familiar with is that the celica is 2.2ltr and the civic is a 1.6ltr.

and also what is the average price of these celicas?

please let me know your opinion guys

ps. it is a 1997 toyota celica zr model

thanks guys

Hey dude welcome!

If you are right into Vtec and the way it delivers its power u should consider a later model Celica with 2ZZ-GE engine which is equipped with VVTLi iVtec's equivalent (boasts 141KW at the fly wheel).

But if u really wanna talk/torque power (mind the pun :P ) find one of the rare GT-Four ST205 Celica's (the model u r lookin at with a 3S-GTE engine (arguably one of the best 4-cylinder engines out there with equivalent strength to a Nissan FJ20 block and all the technology of a later model Nissan SR20 head)) :spiteful:

Edited by grima88

if u want the 2.2ltr celica, i think civic vtir coupe is better, civic overall it is an awsome car handle real well, awsome power for a 1.6, REALLY good on fuel, and i reckon it looks better than the 4 round headlight celica, and its rare, but if u dont want a honda anymore fork out extra for the latest celica, 2zzge is a good engine, test drive them both and c which one u like, i havent driven the latest celica so i cant tell u, but the civic vtir coupe is really good but it lacks some torque when u have 4people in the car specially if u have air-con on

get a 99-06 celica . :)

somethin different, which has a similar engine.

Im guessing u like the high revving to 8k RPM. 7th gen celica's can rev to 8.3k :o)

our engines work similar the the honda engines.

Test drive it. If you want a closer look check out www.ozcelica.com

ALL the celica stuff is in there. :) peace

yeah i only have 15k to spend so i wnt be able to afford the newer model

just only interested in your opinions of the model celica which i am referring to and how it compares with the ek4 and nothing else!

thanks guys