HELP! My headlight cover/ lens getting fade/ dull

Hey guys my both front headlight lens are getting fade/ dull / cloudy whatever u call them... any of u have this problem before? i need some advice. is that becoz i changed to those BJunion white bulbs? in fact the lamp cover turned brown colour as well. is that due to heat? i heard there's something call Headlight restoration kit? or can i try to polish them with some polish compound? help pls

thanks in advance

Edited by Corolla

If the lens of the headlight is yellowing, it is 99% likely because the bulbs you are using are not UV Cut ones.

As for fixing it, I have never heard or seen anything....

OMG!!someone actually has the same problem with me....YES MATE!!yes me too!!i've been wondering about this for so long. it looks ugly with the HID on T_T....my fren said hmmm because the headlight is getting old hahah well not sure how to make it smooth and clean again. if u have sugestion please tell me. i feel ya mate

try this might be useful

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLOUDED-Hea...sspagenameZWDVW

Edited by CoRroLLa-JAHAT

i dunno what sorta dull/haze you're talking about, but on my corolla i have what looks like water marks all over my headlights, but they dont wash off...

on the supra, my headlights were super cloudy and yellowing, and i used mothers plastic polish on them... they look brand new now. i was so impressed...

im going to try the stuff on the corolla headlights right now, ill report back here with my findings in a few minutes...

UPDATE:

that sucked... the cloudyness in my headlights is actually inside the headlights :( if its the same issue, you gotta take your headlights apart.. there's a write up on how to pull them apart somewhere on here..

UPDATE:

that sucked... the cloudyness in my headlights is actually inside the headlights :( if its the same issue, you gotta take your headlights apart.. there's a write up on how to pull them apart somewhere on here..

ohh too bad bro. where did u buy that plastic polisher?how much?if its cheaper than the ones on ebay, i'll buy the same as urs.

hey bros i have fixed the problem with normal hand polish just need a nice cotton cloth and start rubbing the headlight covers. should take you no more than 10 mins each. looks like brand new ones now... i m happy :)

OMG!!someone actually has the same problem with me....YES MATE!!yes me too!!i've been wondering about this for so long. it looks ugly with the HID on T_T....my fren said hmmm because the headlight is getting old hahah well not sure how to make it smooth and clean again. if u have sugestion please tell me. i feel ya mate

try this might be useful

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLOUDED-Hea...sspagenameZWDVW

man those before and after photos are sooooooooo dodgy!

especially the one on the Jetta! :lol::lol:

• 7 years later...

Meguiar & Mothers sell headlight restoration kit at supercheap/autobarn etc,will have everything inside the box to make the yellow haze go away. cheaper alternative is tooth paste ( sounds stupid but it actually works)