Indicator Problems

Hi all

This is my first post. I have an 03 Corolla Ascent my indicators are not working ... nothing showing up on dash .. no indicator light flashing nor indicator click sound. Needless to say my indicator lights around the car do not work as well. However, everything checks out ok when i push the Hazard Light Switch inside the car, all indicator lights work as per normal, inside and out. Checked the fuse inside the engine bay, the fuse which controls the Hazard and Indicator Light Circuit, not blown. Where else would the problem lay? I haven't been able to get to the indicator light relay inside the car. Is there any fuse which i need to check that may be behind the dash ? Thanks very much for any replys :)

Hi all

This is my first post. I have an 03 Corolla Ascent my indicators are not working ... nothing showing up on dash .. no indicator light flashing nor indicator click sound. Needless to say my indicator lights around the car do not work as well. However, everything checks out ok when i push the Hazard Light Switch inside the car, all indicator lights work as per normal, inside and out. Checked the fuse inside the engine bay, the fuse which controls the Hazard and Indicator Light Circuit, not blown. Where else would the problem lay? I haven't been able to get to the indicator light relay inside the car. Is there any fuse which i need to check that may be behind the dash ? Thanks very much for any replys :)

Hi and welcome Leisha,

I'd probably check the flasher unit or the stalk on the steering column...

Lance

Hiya, the fuse for the indicators is located in the engine bay (to the right of the airbox). If you take the lid off the fuse box and look inside it, it will have a 'legend' of which fuse is which. The one you want to check is the one called "hazzard", a 10-amp fuse. Pull it out and have a look.

While it could be a loose connection on the steering stalk, do not touch the steering wheel components unless you know what you are doing. If you were to trigger the fairly sensitive airbag, it would be expensive to replace and no doubt would give you a rather large headache.

And welcome!