Summit racing Front and rear tower bar

I got the Summit Racing Front and Rear tower bar today from On The Run Motor Sport in Boxhill today for my Corolla sportivo. It really helps a lot for turning. And they are quiet cheap only $180 each

post-3110-1178601441_thumb.jpg

Edited by morice

I got the Summit Racing Front and Rear tower bar today from On The Run Motor Sport in Boxhill today for my Corolla sportivo. It really helps a lot for turning. And they are quiet cheap only $180 each

does it same as TRD Rear tower bar?do u need cut hole fit Rear tower bar ?

:)

Just wondering - you put a strut bar on the tower (on top), and a sway bar underneath on the bottom. Why not get a bloody strong sway bar and avoid cutting the tower plastic surround?

I am aware of the fact that a sway bar loses its mechanical advantage by being low on the strut bar, but can it work?

An anti-roll bar (sway bar if you must) works in torsion. A strut bar works in compression and perform 2 completely different things. The anti-roll bar is used to control body roll without using excessively high spring rates among other things. A strut bar is to reinforce the chassis so that the suspension can work properly. I assume by "bloody strong sway bar" you mean very large in diameter anti-roll bar. This would be bad for handling since the car will oversteer (if we are talking about the rear) badly at every corner.

Just wondering - you put a strut bar on the tower (on top), and a sway bar underneath on the bottom. Why not get a bloody strong sway bar and avoid cutting the tower plastic surround?

I am aware of the fact that a sway bar loses its mechanical advantage by being low on the strut bar, but can it work?

They do two different things. Strut Tower Braces/Bars are specifically to give the cars shell more torsional rigidity, so that the whole body has less flex when cornering. Less flexing means that the suspension maintains it geometry during cornering making it more precise.

Sway Bars purpose is to control the amount of body roll during cornering.

edit: Dave you beat me to it :D

The only way the rear strut will fit without cutting a hole is if you don't use the trim at all. Which will offset some of the weight of the strut bar.

i believe the c-one rear strut bar, fits without cutting the trim..can't remember how, but i'm sure it does..correct me if i'm wrong people!

Here is a pic

towerbar_zoom-runx-r.jpg

Looks like it involves removing that fake grill mesh stuff to do. But the interior is still modified at the end of the day. I'm welcomed to be proved wrong though.

Edited by SuperDave

Do you have contact for these guys? would it fit the Levin?