another accident.. this time from the back

I have had a similar experiance. I was hit on a round about (she pulled out and her front corner hit my front quater panel) by a 17 year old girl who had just gotten her licence a few weeks before. We swapped all details and she said her dad would be back from business in a few days and he knows all about the insurance state of things. In a few days he called me, just as was planned, said he would rather she had a clean insurance record and offered to pay for the repairs in cash, he asked me to find a place I wuld like to have the car repaired at get a copy of a quote. He paid cash to me to pay the panel beater and i sent him a copy of the receipt. Everything ran smoothly, which is a bit different cause the guy who hit in this case is kind of arguing his point.

Altough when I was getting the cash off of him he said that he thought I wasnt going through my insurance, Which I hadnt, then when he showed me a letter he got from suncorp I pointed out it was 2 days later than when she had hit me, at the same place. She had hit another car in the same manner at the same place so there was only the same bit damaged on her car and her dad didnt know about it . That kind of made me wish i went through with insurance, she deserves a bad insurance history if she wont learn.

^ haha, wonder what daddy thought.

Did you end up contacting buddha at all? He will be able to tell you the best way to handle this situation, as he works in insurance.

But I would just say, after some thought I am not comfortable going through with things in this manner and wish for insurance to take over. Or similar. The decision is up to you as to what direction you go in, but were all just trying to make sure you don't get screwed over, as it does happen.

lol.. i guess that girl wont be allowed to drive for a few yrs..

i dont think i need to ask buddha anymore... since everyone here says... GO WITH THE INSURANCE.. escpecially neK haha

was gonna call this guy up this afternoon and tell him to get STUFFED.. but he called me with a claim number this morning. he said he has already paid the excess so its ready to go..

he said he doesnt want any old guy making up a quote... so he told the insurance...

all good and done i guess.. ALLIANZ will come and check it out on Wednesday!

he couldnt even give me a quote coz.. he needs to tear my bumper out and see. but it seems that the metal behind the bumper is stuffed.. o wellz...

the HATCH door didnt get damaged i guess... but its scrapping the bumper when it opens and closes coz the bumper has been pushed up

sigh.. i was hoping them to replace/repaint it coz its been scratched before the accident... y didnt a 4WD hit me instead!

the panel beater guy said... you can smash it now... IF the driver didnt see the damage after the accident.. MUWAHAHAHAH but i doubt he didnt see it. but does he remember? :spiteful: hahahha

i want to buy a new hatch door if the insurance doesnt give me a new one.. but he said.. to take off the glass and spoiler and put it back on will cost a lot...

anyway! the panel beater said, some insurance company no longer send cheques to the owner.. they pay the panel beater straight away.

NRMA, sent me a cheque to me last yr... anyone with ALLIANZ?

Go through your insurance. If he is looking to get his panel beater to do the work then chances are he has no insurance.

You may find they do the work and you can not get your car back until it is paid for. So you end up out of pocket and your insurance company not then not want to know about it.

Let the insurance company do the work. Just ignore him and tell him to phone your insurance company as you can not talk on their behalf.

Had a similar accident just a little bit softer I think as my rear floor was only slightly pushed in.

Cost $2k to get fixed. Parts $901 and labour the rest. Rear bumber $250, Beaver Panel $465, beaver panel trim $162

Your costs will be higher than this. If someone is quoting less than $2k I would be worried.

Mine was fixed Sept 2006

hehehe i know i know..

the guys said i will can take the car to them next monday.. have to wait for the insurance..

4got to ask the quote..

anyway.. they managed to take out the spare wheel..... and the insurance doesnt care about my 3 flat tyres.. <_<

so i drove home.. and now.. im trying to change my worst wheel, (i have to pump it up everyday)..

ive got a problem.. how come the tool i have doesnt fit the wheel nuts???

so i thought... i must be missing a tool

so i called my friend.. he just bought the sedan.. he had the same problem.. it doesnt fit the nut too

hahahaha this is gonna be the MOST stupid question.....

how the heck can i remove the nut?? the car is jacked up in the garage..

the hex tool is too small for the nut... is there some other tool.. that im suppose to use? or i just dont know how to use it...

the tools in my bro's euro doesnt fit my rolla nuts as well

help asap.. i dun wanna take the train/bus tomorrow or visiting the gas again

Edited by XploShun