Insurance Question

sportiv

ok ok ok,, lets just say a young guy wants to know the following ....

1.) say this young boy is to put a front bar and a rear skirt on his "sportivo" would his insurance company tell him where to go.. :angry:

2.) the front bar comes from carmate.com, and the rear skirt comes from some German crowd..(its hot- not stolen,, but hot...) :D

3.) finally say for instance his car was in his dads name would they investigate since his dad really wouldn't put these things on his car..(his dads got an MG) :P

Depends on the insurance company they are all different in what they will allow or not so a difficult question to answer.

Also be careful by having the car in your dads name if you are the primary driver. If you are not noted on the policy that you drive the car more than 12 times a year, say you have an accident and they do an investigation you maybe opening a can of worms.

I work for an insurance company (not in underwriting) but know some of the things they can do.

ok this is wot i rekon,

if its insured under your dads name, then ether get him to ring up and add the kit to the policy, or get his date of birth and impersonate him, thats wot i do, due to language barriers.

in regards to if u can do it, or cant, if its under your dads name, they wont say no they will just raise your yearly premium in most cases, as the new KIT will raise the value of the car. when they ask u how much the parts are worth, the less u quote them, the less the premium increase, BUT if u do have an accident, u will only get wot u said it was worth. when i rang up about my CAI, i told them it was worth $80, and my premium didnt change. i think comesmetic mods are more favoured by insurance companies than performance.

also, most insurance companies, even if you arent listed as a primary/secondary driver, if u stack your car, it will still be covered, but u just have to pay more excess to claim, eg $1000.

i am currently insured under my mums name, not listed as a driver, for $660, if i have an accident, i think its abit over $1000 to lodge a claim. i am tho, listed as a driver on my dads old 626, to increase my rating, when i get 1, ill ensure the stivo myself, ill be over 25 by then.

** disclaimer, the above is based on my understanding, best bet is to ring up your insurer if u have any doubts

Mate if you want to take that risk good luck ..sorry but if an insurance company decides to investigate if they are suspicious you could lose out completely. Do not advise to take risks as it could be an expensive one. That is my two cents worth take it or leave it. Not my money at risk.

Oh by the way here is an example of a story I heard in relation to passing on to insurance details regarding drivers (not hidden mods...lol or I would be in trouble ;) ).

The following is a true story.

A guy in melbourne had a brand new Volvo parked at the front of his house. No one was driving it and he and his wife was asleep in bed (well I assume asleep ;) )

Their car was broken into, stolen and totaled. Now you would think this is a clear cut case of theft and they would be paid out. But nooooo RACV investigated and found that his wife had been done for DUI and it had not been noted on the policy. They refused the claim. It went to court and RACV won despite the fact no one was driving the car. The Volvo was worth $70,000.

thats bs about not paying out. the car being stolen and dui are to separate issues. bl**dy insurance companies, keen to collect their premium and nothing else.

mind u if the claim is only for a prang they are a bit better, its only when the car is a write off or stolen they are slack.

my two cents worth

<_<

thats bs about not paying out. the car being stolen and dui are to separate issues. bl**dy insurance companies, keen to collect their premium and nothing else.

mind u if the claim is only for a prang they are a bit better, its only when the car is a write off or stolen they are slack.

my two cents worth

<_<

When confirming a policy the insurance company does ask you if you have had any convictions or infringements in the past 24 months (36 in some cases) if any more occur you MUST inform them immediately (unless it is a 1st speeding offence, but once a 2nd occurs you must inform them). It is clear in their policy so should be no arguement if you choose to ignore it.... They use this information to consider your RISK as an insurable client and adjust the premium to suit!!!! if you are not careful, if you retain information, you could 1) not be coverered for a claim or even 2) be asked to PAY back what in owed for misrepresentation of the information. Insurance is something you want to get right, there is lots of fine print but a good lawyer knows how to find the loop holes!!!!

EDIT: Might I point out, I don't agree with it either, but thems the rules!!!! I would have thought in todays computer based society that the insurance companies could find out easy if you had any offences to your name without you telling them..... <_< Or are they looking to see how honest we are????? :huh:

It's all one big conspiracy if you ask me!!!!! :P

thanks guys and girls.,,,

think that i'll get dad to chuck it on the policy, when its all done...

Peekay,, yeah i'm more than certain that i am listed as the secondary driver

question for Brisbanians,, anyone know of a good place ie. panel beater and/or painter to paint the car and fit it,,, and will there be any problems with paint as it is a black MICA thingy.. :D

your help was great thanks alot :P