20v ae101 hatch

IAN20V

well here's my ride, ae101 rolla csi hatch, 4age 20v silvertop, pod filter w/ cai, 2 1/4 in exhaust with cannon(soon to be changed) dba slotted n drilled rotors, pioneer dehp9650 h/u, clarion amps,speakers and 2x12in subs, saas seats, black gearknob,h/brake and shift boot, 17in alba edge wheels and new coilovers soon to be installed, the car is in the garage on blocks waitin for them as i snapped the spring on the front L strut :angry:

SRC01-04-07262.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

rearbrakes1.jpg

wheels.jpg

Edited by IAN20V
  • Like 1

good on u for buildin up the street cred of the AE101 hatch... thats a beautifull conversion too bad its not a GZE :( i'm in love with FI lol... what figures does this little beast pump out???

good on u for buildin up the street cred of the AE101 hatch... thats a beautifull conversion too bad its not a GZE :( i'm in love with FI lol... what figures does this little beast pump out???

not to sure as the oil rings are leaking so dnt really wanna dyno it as yet, but it pulls nicely, as 4 the gze, theres something better coming once i get a few things tidied up

• 1 month later...

ok got a bit of an update, new coilovers came today so i put them in, also added the whiteline rear swaybar last weekend as well as a few other little bits n pieces

IMG_0396.jpg

pillow mounts

IMG_0398.jpg

installed in the fronts

IMG_0400.jpg

how the front sits, can maybe go a lil lower

IMG_0402.jpg

how the rears currently sittin, gota go up 40mm though

IMG_0403.jpg

will be raisin the rears tommorow, take it for a spin and more pics

• 3 weeks later...

Hey. ive got the same car as you, and im interested in doing the 20valve conversion aswell.

i was just wondering wat where the major problems that you encountered while doing the conversoin?

Did you have to chance the wiring loom from the compter to the dash cluster?

is your pwr steering and ac all hooked up?

hey mate no major problems with the conversion as the silvertop is outta the ae101 levin it pretty much swaps all over but the factory ancilliaries such as power steering and a/c wont bolt up to the 20valve, u should be buying a front cut as all the 20v's p/s and a/c will bolt up to your steering rack/a/c lines ect. i got jim(sideshows performance wiring) to wire it up for me, 600 bucks but only four - five hours for him to do it and he done a very neat job.

hey mate no major problems with the conversion as the silvertop is outta the ae101 levin it pretty much swaps all over but the factory ancilliaries such as power steering and a/c wont bolt up to the 20valve, u should be buying a front cut as all the 20v's p/s and a/c will bolt up to your steering rack/a/c lines ect. i got jim(sideshows performance wiring) to wire it up for me, 600 bucks but only four - five hours for him to do it and he done a very neat job.

oh ok yeh, im definatly buying a front cut to save the hassle of running around and sourcing all the parts. Ive found a front cut complete with engine loom and computer. Does it just plug straight in and start up? or do you have to do the wiring from the engine computer to the Dash cluster so all the lights work and stuff eg. oil pressure light and engine temperature etc.

yeh you need to use the 20v ecu and harness and wire it into the cars original harness in two locations, the first one is near the engine bay fuse box where there's a bunch of wires going into the front guard, the second is near the ecu below the dash , again a bunch of wires going up to the guage cluster ect. as for the sensors, u use the 20v harness and ecu so all sensors ect work fine, as i said previously i used sideshow for the wiring as he's wired up a million of these before and is quite good at what he does.

nicely done. the wheels set the kit off nicely. nice brakes too. :toast:

Hey, I was on D2s before on my camry, but have since removed them as I am planning to sell the car..

how they riding?

Edited by vivioman

yeh you need to use the 20v ecu and harness and wire it into the cars original harness in two locations, the first one is near the engine bay fuse box where there's a bunch of wires going into the front guard, the second is near the ecu below the dash , again a bunch of wires going up to the guage cluster ect. as for the sensors, u use the 20v harness and ecu so all sensors ect work fine, as i said previously i used sideshow for the wiring as he's wired up a million of these before and is quite good at what he does.

oh ok, ill probably give them a call. ill upload some pics once im done haha but mine wont be as hectic as yours. im planning just do engine conversion, rear brake disc conversion and dump abit. THanks a bunch Ian

Good on you for modifying an AE101 Corolla .. not many on the road and a decent motor conversion at that !

Did a blown motor necessitate the conversion or had you always wanted the conversion done ?

hey mate nice ride!!

What year is the engine and what year is your car ?

Cause last time i wanted to do a conversion i was advised i couldnt go ahead due to the engine being older than the car chasis.

Edited by RO11AS

nicely done. the wheels set the kit off nicely. nice brakes too. :toast:

Hey, I was on D2s before on my camry, but have since removed them as I am planning to sell the car..

how they riding?

pretty good actually very happy with them not as bumpy as i thought they'd be and handling pretty well atm the real test will be wen i get around to doin some track work.

oh ok, ill probably give them a call. ill upload some pics once im done haha but mine wont be as hectic as yours. im planning just do engine conversion, rear brake disc conversion and dump abit. THanks a bunch Ian

no worries mate anytime :yahoo: g/l with your conversion

Good on you for modifying an AE101 Corolla .. not many on the road and a decent motor conversion at that !

Did a blown motor necessitate the conversion or had you always wanted the conversion done ?

a lil from both there, always wanted to do it and the 4afe wasn't goin so well

hey mate nice ride!!

What year is the engine and what year is your car ?

Cause last time i wanted to do a conversion i was advised i couldnt go ahead due to the engine being older than the car chasis.

mine's a 97, same chassis the 20 vlave silvertop came out of, as for the engine being older than the chassis rule, never heard of anything as such but i may be wrong, as aw11 mr2 4agze can be engineered into my car