Camry bought in Taiwan and Exported to Spain (Europe)

La Joconde

Hi All,

Am new to this Forum, and have joined it to do a favour to friends who bought a Camry in Taiwan where they worked for years, they thought that they had all the documentation to be able to re-register the car in Spain where they have moved to.

Have tried Toyota's HQ in Spain, the Chinese Embassy in China (they havent replied!!).

Their problem is that the log-book is in the Han (Chinese dialect) language and they only need to have it translated, so that the Spanish authorities can proceed with the re-registering, but it seems impossible to get this document translated, has anyone any idea how to proceed or how to get an english version of this log-book, which I would happily translate for them?

Many thanks in anticipation to all out-there.

Have a great day.

i guess you would probably need a professional translator to do it, especially considering it is a technical piece to be translated. maybe in the yellow pages or something like that. It might cost something, but, I wouldn't trust anything a website translates (you need the human aspect of it). And furthermore the spanish authorities may only accept translations that are "certified" i.e. by qualified translators.

lets get things straight!

Firstly...why would you wanna use those FREE online translation websites! they're unreliable (they're ok for HIGH SCHOOL) unless you pay and get a REAL person to do it for you. If I were you I would NOT get it done via the WEB!

Secondly...the Camrys in Taiwan are RHD and in Spain they're LHD. I'm guessing you're doing a LHD conversion? Also you need to change the headlights.

Thanks for the comments.

No - the Camry is a LHD and the head lamps do not need changing/adjusting. That is the reason that my friends brought it over. Thinking it would be easy to change the immatriculation.

As you say, best to tell them to get a professonal translator. Still it was worth a try. I was all ready to learn Chinese!

Have a great summer, humm..... I mean winter! :rolleyes: