trd supercharger

hey guy i was looking at some gear on ebay and come across a cheap cold air intake for corolla. but it was called corolla matrix which i think is the american name for sportivo.

so i wen onto google and looked em up and there very similar slightly diff shape though.

anyway the 1.8 6 speed is the same but couldnt find any exact specs anyway came across site advertising TRD superchargers for rolla matrix.

so if there tha same motor and gear should pretty much be straight fit shouldnt it?

anyone have any information on the matrix so i can compare and then possibly look at the supercharger?

plus this matrix comes in fwd and awd which would be another good option to look at then the stivo would be a force to reckon with.lol

this is the site if ya interested people.

http://www.toyotaworld.com/trdsuperchargers.html

have fun looking

The 1zz-fe and 2zz-ge are very different motors. Similar dimensions and basic design elements but alot of key differences.

1zz-fe has a longer stroke and smaller bore (typical design for more bottom end torque and better fuel efficiency). This motor is equiped with variable valve timing on intake cam.

2zz-ge has a shorter stroker and larger bore (designed for higher revs, more revs - more power). This motor is equiped with variable valve timing on intake and outlet as well as lift. It has a larger, more direct intake system (Again to accomodate breathing at high revs) than 1zz as well as other things such as additional oil spraying jets in the block etc.

Basically for many reasons forced induction doesn't work too well with VVTiL (Lift) or VTEC etc (Unless you spend very big $$$). Rarely has it been done and achieved positive results for all round drivability.

But if I'm wrong, someone please correct me :huh:

Edited by IZZ-FE

The 1zz-fe and 2zz-ge are very different motors.  Similar dimensions and basic design elements but alot of key differences.

1zz-fe has a longer stroke and smaller bore (typical design for more bottom end torque and better fuel efficiency).  This motor is equiped with variable valve timing on intake cam.

2zz-ge has a shorter stroker and larger bore (designed for higher revs, more revs - more power).  This motor is equiped with variable valve timing on intake and outlet as well as lift.  It has a larger, more direct intake system (Again to accomodate breathing at high revs) than 1zz as well as other things such as additional oil spraying jets in the block etc.

Basically for many reasons forced induction doesn't work too well with VVTiL (Lift) or VTEC etc (Unless you spend very big $$$).  Rarely has it been done and achieved positive results for all round drivability.

But if I'm wrong, someone please correct me  :huh:

yeah but they have put superchargers on 03/04 celicas and it worked fine so whats the diff the motor in the celica is identical to the stivo isnt it?

im sure someone with $$$ to burn will figure it out.

off the subject did anyone read todays herald sun cars guide?

it had a ford XR6 turbo 751 or 61 kw motor in it by some tuning company out here.

does anyone know this company and weather or not they mod out differant types of cars/motors?

they might have an idea if supercharging a stivo is possible or if turbo would be better option.

thanks for ya input either way guys.

i just thought it would be cool if it could basicly just bolt on to the VVTL-I motor

The 1zz-fe and 2zz-ge are very different motors.  Similar dimensions and basic design elements but alot of key differences.

1zz-fe has a longer stroke and smaller bore (typical design for more bottom end torque and better fuel efficiency).  This motor is equiped with variable valve timing on intake cam.

2zz-ge has a shorter stroker and larger bore (designed for higher revs, more revs - more power).  This motor is equiped with variable valve timing on intake and outlet as well as lift.  It has a larger, more direct intake system (Again to accomodate breathing at high revs) than 1zz as well as other things such as additional oil spraying jets in the block etc.

Basically for many reasons forced induction doesn't work too well with VVTiL (Lift) or VTEC etc (Unless you spend very big $$$).  Rarely has it been done and achieved positive results for all round drivability.

But if I'm wrong, someone please correct me  :huh:

yeah but they have put superchargers on 03/04 celicas and it worked fine so whats the diff the motor in the celica is identical to the stivo isnt it?

im sure someone with $$$ to burn will figure it out.

off the subject did anyone read todays herald sun cars guide?

it had a ford XR6 turbo 751 or 61 kw motor in it by some tuning company out here.

does anyone know this company and weather or not they mod out differant types of cars/motors?

they might have an idea if supercharging a stivo is possible or if turbo would be better option.

thanks for ya input either way guys.

i just thought it would be cool if it could basicly just bolt on to the VVTL-I motor

I BELIEVE (don't quote me) that just like the corolla... the Celica comes with both the 1zz and the 2zz. The lower models come with the 1zz and the higher with the 2zz. Hence i'd say its probably the lower models that have the supercharger.

As i said... don't quote me...

• 2 weeks later...

What about the Blitz supercharger mate? Heaps of Celica's in Japan are running this thing and everyone swears by it. It should fit straight on I would imagine but if you want to use the fmic you will probably need to modify the piping if you want it to fit. Not only does the charger give you plenty more power and torque it also looks and sounds absolutely horn. Here are some details.

The BLITZ® Compressor System was designed to give maximum horsepower and torque without sacrificing reliability and drive-ability. All BLITZ® Compressor units come complete oiled filled and ready to install for trouble-free maintenance. All kits are designed to be highly responsive while maintaining fuel efficiency. The Compressor Unit is electronically controlled by an activation switch 3 different settings (Low, Med and High) allowing the car to respond to the individuals driving style.

Click for pic