corolla 2000 E120 series?

Heard this car updated with good changes. won't be buying another car for a while. frightened when i read the problems cars can have. i'm a girl. (well at least at heart!) Single so want newer look. (car I mean)

Welcome :D Where are you from? If you're referring to it as the e12 I imagine you're somewhere in Europe maybe?

Here in Australia we have two different petrol engine variants the ZZE122 and ZZE123 (Both 1.8 litre but one with 100kw the other with 141kw) with different levels of trim.

In Europe there are other alternative engines we don't get such as the D4D diesel and the 1.6 Petrol which I just can't comment on - although member "Just" is in Italy and has the 1.6L version e12.

In my experience with my 1.8 petrol model (100kw) nothing has gone wrong after 4 years and no other members have really had any major hassles with theirs either, they're a reasonably well built and generally a problem free kind of car. Sometimes there are minor build issues that come up, but that happens on any mass produced car.

Like any car, have it inspected by a mechanic you trust, look for an example that hasn't been in an accident and has low km's, and a full service history. Look in places like the engine bay and the spare wheel compartment for paint that looks fresh to cover up accidents. If it has been looked after, it should be problem free.

Good Luck :)

Welcome :D Where are you from? If you're referring to it as the e12 I imagine you're somewhere in Europe maybe?

Here in Australia we have two different petrol engine variants the ZZE122 and ZZE123 (Both 1.8 litre but one with 100kw the other with 141kw) with different levels of trim.

In Europe there are other alternative engines we don't get such as the D4D diesel and the 1.6 Petrol which I just can't comment on - although member "Just" is in Italy and has the 1.6L version e12.

In my experience with my 1.8 petrol model (100kw) nothing has gone wrong after 4 years and no other members have really had any major hassles with theirs either, they're a reasonably well built and generally a problem free kind of car. Sometimes there are minor build issues that come up, but that happens on any mass produced car.

Like any car, have it inspected by a mechanic you trust, look for an example that hasn't been in an accident and has low km's, and a full service history. Look in places like the engine bay and the spare wheel compartment for paint that looks fresh to cover up accidents. If it has been looked after, it should be problem free.

Thankyou

. I come from Adelaide. I cant find where i found the number but i know its the 2000 LE. I'll go with your suggestions thankyou very much! Whats the diff between the 100kw and 141 kw. i don't understand. I've been researching, and that includes RACV, Samarins (Canadian), NRMA. I can't remember the details but get the overview. So the choice comes to Model, year, engine, transmission, brakes and the points you gave above? I found a site that show how to do a check using the vin number. Thats ok in Australia??. the stories you hear about cars from accidents being re hashed. It hAPPENNED TO A FRIEND OF MINE. HALF OF HER CAR HAD BEEN A WRITE OFF FROM ANOTHER CAR! There are so many problems that I should always have an RAA check! I AM CONCERNED THAT THE DEALER WILL SAY I'LL GIVE YOU THIS PRICE ONLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN raa CHECK. Also it seems if you are a female the price isn't negotiable which makes it a game of just looking and then hoping they don't make the connection to the person who barters for me after. Sorry mixed fonts but trying to get this out. Borrowed sons car to look at cars. Bit concerned ? suspension as i thought i read the ride may be not so soft? they are supposed to be quieter?

Many thanks.

So it's a 2000 year model?

That would make it an AE112 I think. They don't have the same engines as above. I think they all have a 100kw 1.8L 7AFE engine.

-Just ensure you have the car is inspected by mechanic or RACV.

-Bring a fridge magnet and check that it sticks on all the panels (excluding plastics like bumpers), if it doesn't stick it means there's damage repair (putty) underneath the paint to fill in a dent.

-Look for mismatched paint on panels.

-Look in places like under the bonnet, inside the boot, spare wheel compartment etc for evidence of repairs.

-Always negotiate on price :) Check www.redbook.com.au for information on prices, different models etc

Being a 2000 model you can expect most examples you'll find to probably have around 130,000kms. They do have soft suspension which is just the way Toyota seems to design Corollas.

So it's a 2000 year model?

That would make it an AE112 I think. They don't have the same engines as above. I think they all have a 100kw 1.8L 7AFE engine.

-Just ensure you have the car is inspected by mechanic or RACV.

-Bring a fridge magnet and check that it sticks on all the panels (excluding plastics like bumpers), if it doesn't stick it means there's damage repair (putty) underneath the paint to fill in a dent.

-Look for mismatched paint on panels.

-Look in places like under the bonnet, inside the boot, spare wheel compartment etc for evidence of repairs.

-Always negotiate on price :) Check www.redbook.com.au for information on prices, different models etc

Being a 2000 model you can expect most examples you'll find to probably have around 130,000kms. They do have soft suspension which is just the way Toyota seems to design Corollas.

[/quote

THANKYOU AGAIN.

So with softer suspension is that for a reason, as I imagine that means a bumpier or less comfortable ride? I have a back injury and sitting has it problems at times and I travel to visit parents.

Have been doing more model look research. I like the ZZE112R 2001 TOYOTA COROLLA 2001 as it has the different newer lights and body shape, seeing as I want not have to change for a long time. I took the value advice and the option seems, financially wise being limited, to go to a private dealer. I did that once before many years ago and got a bought warranty for $500 to cover a $7000 ford fairmont I think. Do you know a company to recommend? I also got an raa check beforehand.

Any advice about my decision re this model? How does that relate enginewise as well?

NRMA and RACV checks will check over the car for you (excluding brake pad and disc condition)...

They give you a full written report and list anything they find...

Only problem is if something does go wrong, or the missed something on the check, they won't guarantee anything...

But in saying that, it's a great start as they usually find a lot of little things someone else would miss...

If you find a car that you wanna buy, get an inspection done and go from there... Work out how much you want to spend depending on the condition of the car and if you're still worried about being treated badly as you're female, find a male to go along and do the talking for you...