safety feature of the navigation and audio

Hi guys,

I have a presara and there is this safety feature which is annoying. When the car is moving, I can't press most buttons that are available for navigation or audio or phone such as, putting in new address, browsing files of MP3, or dial a new number. Does anyone know how to disable this stupid feature? I asked my local dealer but they don't have any means to disable this and suggested to post a question in forum. Who knows some hackers out there managed to bust this feature altogether? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

I have a presara and there is this safety feature which is annoying. When the car is moving, I can't press most buttons that are available for navigation or audio or phone such as, putting in new address, browsing files of MP3, or dial a new number. Does anyone know how to disable this stupid feature? I asked my local dealer but they don't have any means to disable this and suggested to post a question in forum. Who knows some hackers out there managed to bust this feature altogether? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That is not stupid, it is designed to keep the driver to concentrate on the road - some features are on the steering wheel.

BH

search on youtube, search "Toyota Navigation Overide"

That video was actually pretty good, but too bad the navigation that I have is of different make or model. I tried it as what's shown in the clip but it did not work. Any other suggestions guys?

search on youtube, search "Toyota Navigation Overide"

That video was actually pretty good, but too bad the navigation that I have is of different make or model. I tried it as what's shown in the clip but it did not work. Any other suggestions guys?

I find this annoying too a few time i have been in a hurry and asked the passenger to key in a destination and it's a total pain evry time you come to a full stop you get a few more letters in and you really do have to stop and do it.

it is a NECESSARY safety feature though as you know you would abuse it and have a bingle and sue them don't you.

At least you can still use the speed dial and last no. dialed on the phone.

disabling it probably not really a good idea

Hi guys,

Hi - me again,

After searching the Net, I've found many "hits" but a lot of them like/similar this:

Many of the Toyota nav systems have an override code to allow for entering

new addresses etc while the car is moving. You can search on the net to

find needed sequence. The override instructions for my Highlander are as

follows. I have been told that this works on some Lexus models

"To Override : Push the menu button, push the volume icon in the middle the

screen, push the volume icon in the top left corner of the screen, push the

bottom left corner (with no icon), push the volume icon in the top left

corner of the screen (again), push the botton left corner (with no icon)

(again). At this point a new menu appears. Some cool stuff here like the GPS

satellite data. I would not mess with stuff though, because you might screw

up your car. One of the buttons says "override" push and hold this button

for 5 seconds, then release. The button will stay blue. Then push the back

button."

My sugestion is only let your passenger to do this when you are driving.

Good luck,

BH

erm, u can delete this part :spiteful:

LOL... That was exactly as what the video was doing... I tried doing the same thing... Maybe I did it wrongly. Anyway I will try again later today and tell you guys how it is.

The thing is... this safety feature sux. I have another car, Mercedez C200K and it will allow me to do anything when the car is moving, And no sueing from me and anybody else that I know of. LOL

LOL... That was exactly as what the video was doing... I tried doing the same thing... Maybe I did it wrongly. Anyway I will try again later today and tell you guys how it is.

The thing is... this safety feature sux. I have another car, Mercedez C200K and it will allow me to do anything when the car is moving, And no sueing from me and anybody else that I know of. LOL

Well I tried. It did not work. Any other suggestions guys???

Well I tried. It did not work. Any other suggestions guys???

So did I it doesn't work on my Presara.

Did anyone look at this web site? Ultimate Lockpick 1

Would like to see if it work's on our car's here? I know it state these types of cars 2006-2007 PRIUS, 2007-2008 RX, GX,LEXUS SUV'S, but you have try if you going find out.

Who willing to buy one?

That is not cheap... If it does the job... I wouldnt mind... But what if it void the warranty? That wouldnt be good

Forget about incar navigation systems. Just get a Garmin Nuvi 660 and you'll be able to mount it either on the windscreen or on the dash at almost eye level. Plus you'll still be able to use the touchscreen for bluetooth, MP3 and FM transmitter, etc. while driving.

Hi guys,

Hi

Yea i totally agree. Especially when your mates want to put in destinations and you cant intill you get to lights or pull over. does anyone know the actually model number of the AVN nav system?? cause might be easier to find a hack for it.

thanks