Interior Lights not working properly??

Hi everyone,

When installing my illuminated door sills, I think I short circuited the thing cause I saw a spark. Now my interior lights don't work and I can't turn on my stereo either. Do any ppl on this forum know what the problem might be??

thanks,

Hi everyone,

When installing my illuminated door sills, I think I short circuited the thing cause I saw a spark. Now my interior lights don't work and I can't turn on my stereo either. Do any ppl on this forum know what the problem might be??

thanks,

Always unhook your battery when doing any electrical work. It's like working on your house wiring while the electricity is still on. :idea:

you blew one of the fuses. just pull one out at a time to see which one is blown.

Hi everyone,

thanks,

Always unhook your battery when doing any electrical work. It's like working on your house wiring while the electricity is still on. :idea:

you blew one of the fuses. just pull one out at a time to see which one is blown.

Damn. NOooooooOOOOOOo. I knew it man. The guy at JB predicted that. So how much are the fuses anyway??

Under the bonnet, the rectangular box behind the battery, from memory the one fuse is for the interior lights and the radio, so replace it and it should be good.

Under the bonnet, the rectangular box behind the battery, from memory the one fuse is for the interior lights and the radio, so replace it and it should be good.

Aren't all the fuses located in the black box on the right of the battery? Cause I don't see any box behind the battery.

Aren't all the fuses located in the black box on the right of the battery? Cause I don't see any box behind the battery.

I’ve blown this fuse 2, from memory it’s the purple fuse (i think 15) ... it controls ur interior lights, audio, clock etc

i took it to an autoelectrician ... he pulled appart the car and then checked fuses.... (the fuse costs like nothing i think 20cents ... but i had to pay for the time ...)

I learnt this a costly way … :(

Edited by steinny72

That's what I meant.

I’ve blown this fuse 2, from memory it’s the purple fuse (i think 15) ... it controls ur interior lights, audio, clock etc

I learnt this a costly way … :(

yo man,

I went to toyota a few hours ago, made up a story lol, and they gave me the fuse for free :D . Told him I was from TOCAU. The fuse number was 15 and bluish. I can't believe my luck lol. He saw my TRD CAI, Front Strut Bar and Subs. I think he was impressed. Anyways, problem is solved.

thank you all that helped. Really appreciated.

(Mod, if you can, please close this topic).