Heavier Gear Knob

Yes its a screw in and this was made from off-cuts from a large job my friend had at work. Ive asked him and they are not getting any of that particular size material in anytime soon as they have several jobs that require thin gauge stainless steel

• 8 months later...
Yes its a screw in and this was made from off-cuts from a large job my friend had at work. Ive asked him and they are not getting any of that particular size material in anytime soon as they have several jobs that require thin gauge stainless steel

Sorry to come on here just for this but 3kg is rediculous. First of all I would check the weight properly,even if it was mistakenly 3 pounds,which is 1.5kg that is far to heavy also. Bigger is not always better. :blink: The wear I had to my gears (esp 2nd) from habitually resting my hand on the shifter all the time was amazing,if at 3kg you are now putting similar stress on every gear,no to mention your springed selector. I honestly think you have the weight wrong as cast iron would struggle to get 3kg from the cubic mass of a shift knob but if you are right say hello to a much shorter gearbox life.

cheers

Nath

I've heard the Buddyclub type II? (I'll have to verify the name) is a rather good knob. I'll have to compare my knob to it though to see how much better it would be, given that I'm rather attached to my knob, and used to shifting up and down with it.

When you get a gear knob you have to be careful as many of these aftermarket ones will sit very high up and look wierd.

what about the TRD one u can get of eBay etc... is it much heavier?

i find alot of vibrations and noises seem to be coming from the gear knob area .... any one else find this?

whats the weight of the stock sportivo knob?

i have a 5spd TRD knob on my levin and it weighs very little but i like it better than the stock one, the tivo one i havent seen tho