OK Guys... little help

Yes don't worry about any of the reported issues, just point yourself any direction and drive. But be carefull because your face is gonna hurt from the :D it will give you.

And that 3 month wait just makes it all the more sweet!!!!!

Enjoy it!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i waited 2 months..to recieve the car

and i have to wait a few more months....to use the car to its full potential.

(don't forget you HAVE to run the car in)

damn it!

if i could...i'd put it on a dyno and get it run in for the whole 2,000km

Yeah you do have a point xTiGeRx :(

The 2000km wait is probably the hardest wait of them all

I remember the day my stivo clocked over the 2000km mark. It was like xmas as a child or given free run in a candy store. I swear I hit lift as those three zero's ticked over :D

well..i've got 1300km. and i recieved the car 12 Jan.

so..that's about 1 week and 4 days to get that.

damn it! hurry up!

if we can get a quick cruise to wollongong or something tonight, that should be good =)

COME ON PEOPLE! LET's GO!!

Hey guys..

I've got my stivo...it was freaking awesome to drive it.. i was so tempted to red line it a couple of times..heheh.. but i guess i resisted a lil.. but u guys think it's okay to do it every now n then? i dunno if i should or not...

I did store it a couple of times though.. :o still trying to get use to the clutch and also the gear box..so much different to the excel i was practicing in.. ;)

It's been good so far..i haven't heard any of the problems as yet but i hope i dun.. :D

I've already done 100Kms....can't wait for the 1000km service...so 900kms to go! hehe

btw, did u guys get a full tank of petrol? I only got half a tank.. is this normal?

Yeah their was only half a tank in mine so the dealer took it to the servo and filled it up for me before handing me the keys.

You can give it a squirt to redline now and then mate, I did it 3 or 4 times in the first 1,000 K's and it was fine, just make sure the engine is warm and give the car a variety of driving, labour it in low revs at high gears but also give it a squirt, there is so many conflicting stories on this but I have run in a number of engines, im not particularly nice to my cars after I have run them in, I dont treat them bad but I like to run it all through the revs and I have never had any problems with the engine in any of my car's.

I hit lift on the way home from the dealer, and then gave it some not long after. What is most important is that you ask the dealer to change the oil and filter at 1000k's, it contains alot of metal bits. Just enjoy it mate :D , and get the cold air induction, then you get some serious noise :rolleyes: .