5x short beeps emitting from L/H/R speaker on engine start and stop

Presara

Can anyone help me? I've just discovered my Presara has a flat battery (after my having left the map light on for a few days between using the car) and so I chose to disconnect the battery in order to charge it off another car before reconnecting it; which I did in order to elliminate the risk of a voltage surge frying the computer etc.

Now I have a car that beeps 5x short discrete beeps from the left hand rear speaker every time I start or stop the engine. Has anyone else had this happen to them and if so what is the car trying to tell me? I cannot find anything in the owners manual about this...

Cheers

Can anyone help me? I've just discovered my Presara has a flat battery (after my having left the map light on for a few days between using the car) and so I chose to disconnect the battery in order to charge it off another car before reconnecting it; which I did in order to elliminate the risk of a voltage surge frying the computer etc.

Now I have a car that beeps 5x short discrete beeps from the left hand rear speaker every time I start or stop the engine. Has anyone else had this happen to them and if so what is the car trying to tell me? I cannot find anything in the owners manual about this...

Cheers

just recharge or get a new battery. problem solved :) i guess its a safety thing that it lets you know when your on low battery.

I appreciate your thoughts, but as a licensed machanic (no longer on the tools) I'm 100% certain there's nothing the matter with the battery especially given that the car is only 7 months old with 5,000km on the clock.

It started just fine this morning, however the 5 discrete beeps are still there... :(

I appreciate your thoughts, but as a licensed machanic (no longer on the tools) I'm 100% certain there's nothing the matter with the battery especially given that the car is only 7 months old with 5,000km on the clock.

It started just fine this morning, however the 5 discrete beeps are still there... :(

this is just a guess but would it have something to do with the stereo? maybe having the battery disconnected for so long has put the stock HU into "Sh!t, i've been stolen" mode and now it wants you to enter a code.

does the head unit still work?

Cheers

just recharge or get a new battery. problem solved :) i guess its a safety thing that it lets you know when your on low battery.

The car runs off electricity from the alternator. There is no safety issue with a flat battery (unless you're late picking up your girlfriend because you car won't start from a flat bat - that would be serious threat to your saftey/wellbeing LOL) =)

Edited by qkslvr

That's right; the battery is only used to power the accessories when the engine is not running and to start the car - after that it doesn't do anything.

As for the stereo/nav unit, it's fully functional. I guess its time to lob into Toyota the next chance i get to have them tell me what's going on?

• 2 weeks later...

Mate, dont know if you still have an issue (I have'nt logged on for a while), but beeps from the L/H/R speaker relate to the Toyota Link system. Check the small LED next to toyota link switch, it should be green with the ignition on. If its red, you're not linked properly, call their call centre 1300 887 568 they can run tests while you wait...

Cheers, Mark

Left hand site speaker (rear): I think something to do with Toyota Link - It should have backup battery but check with them, you may have to re-activate this facility.

BH

Edited by BanHien

You're right. As it just so happens I decided to press the Toyota Link dial button in the car yesterday (as I've still not had the chance to visit a Toyota dealer) and they told me that Toyota Link had to be reactivated.

That said; Toyota Link where supposedly sending me an email in which i was to follow a link for the reactiviation.

I thought I'd give them 24 hours to email me before I dial Toyota Link again.

I'll post my progress in this regards detailing what's required to recitfy the 5x beeps...

I forgot to mention the whole time this has been going on the Toyotal Link LED has been "Green" which is why i didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

Edited by Presara

Well it's official, the 5x beeps was the Toyota Link System all along.

Apparently it's Toyota's way of bugging you every time you either start or stop the car so that you ultimately make contact with them as i did.

I cannot be 100% certain about the volume of the noise, but i'm quitely confident that in the last two or three days the beeps actually got louder. It may be that i was simply getting very tired of the noise although i can honestly say it seemed louder. I thought perhaps the level of urgency was being lifted by Toyota Link to make contact.

In my case there was a technical difficulty requiring a reset of the Toyota Link system as though it was being done for the very first time.

I had to re-enter all my particulars as well as have a customer care consultant enter the vehicles particulars into the system for me as the vehicle was "not defined" when i loged inot my Toyota Link account via the web. Toyota Link then had me sit in the car and call them via the Toyotal Link System for confirmation and reactivation. This included the remote unlocking of the vehicle.

I'm pleased to say that my car is back to normal now and that there wasn't any real drama :yahoo: . For owners of Toyota Link equiped vehicles it's worth knowing that the system may require reactivation in the event of a flat battery, battery disconnection or replacement.

Rest assured Toyota always knew where the car was and its status (including it's odometer reading) which i can verify by looking up the vehilces history when i log into my Toyota Link account via http://www.toyota.com.au/toyotalink

The one thing I'm suprised about is why Toyota Link didn't simply call me instead of annoying me to the point that i called them....

Edited by Presara

You system was in "Service mode" according to the manual, it should have been off, activation is up to the individual driver, but while you get 3 years free subsription why not use it.

Its a cool system, I often log onto the website when my car is used at work by other staff, the satelite pin points where the car is and gives me a map with its location.

The call centre crew are very helpful, even helped me when my sat nav could'nt find a street I was after. I even asked if they could send a pizza to my location (given they know exactly where I am). The response was "technically yes, but on this occasion sorry..."

Cheers, Mark