Is the Ateva worth the money over an Altise

mtbrider

Just doing some research and found a few things I need which are not in the Altise.

Kids are getting a bit older and having some input so they don't want any car that does not have rear vents for themself so one tick against the Altise.

Also what does the multi function trip computer do ?

Also the curtain and side airbags are a must so I would need to option those up with an Altise purchase

Has anyone got the moon roof (is it worth the $1650) as I would like to go this option as well.

What is the best price anyone has purchased one of these for (I am eligble for silver fleet discount through work)

Edited by mtbrider

looks like u r considerate for your child, but why then u choose sunroof? just imagine the car rollover, with the sunroof, MAYBE its less secure/safe as WITHOUT it...

Just a personally opinion.

Are you serious. You have front and rear windscreen plus all the side windows already. I don't think that a moon roof is going to compomise safety in a roll over. I am sure Toyota would not sell it if it was unsafe. In the USA they have to crash test all cars with and without sunroofs. So now you can only buy a lot of cars with sunroof as standard as they don't want to do both tests. In most instances the steel frame of the sunroof makes it stronger (I say in most cases as this was not true for the piece of rubbish out of China which got no stars).

looks like u r considerate for your child, but why then u choose sunroof? just imagine the car rollover, with the sunroof, MAYBE its less secure/safe as WITHOUT it...

This has got to be the most common misconception in regards to new cars! Heaps of people think this, it makes me laugh. Have u ever seen a roof of a car before its installed? All it is is a weak piece of sheet metal. The strength of the vehicle comes from the roof turrets, which are connected to the a b and c pillars of the car. The sunroof has no impact on the structural quality of the car at all in any way.

When a car rolls the roof will dint in like crazy, only difference with the sunroof is the glass, like he said, but with all the other glass in the car whats the difference it will make. Except it probably won't shatter due to the mega amount of window tint on there!

This has got to be the most common misconception in regards to new cars! Heaps of people think this, it makes me laugh. Have u ever seen a roof of a car before its installed? All it is is a weak piece of sheet metal. The strength of the vehicle comes from the roof turrets, which are connected to the a b and c pillars of the car. The sunroof has no impact on the structural quality of the car at all in any way.

When a car rolls the roof will dint in like crazy, only difference with the sunroof is the glass, like he said, but with all the other glass in the car whats the difference it will make. Except it probably won't shatter due to the mega amount of window tint on there!

...which is also why coupes are always more rigid that their convertible counterparts and explains why manufacturers always have to add more structural reinforcements (hence adding weight) to convertible models.

-m_luke

What, what?

Does Altise not have rear air conditioning vents for the new Camry?

I have a last generation Altise and it has rear air conditioning vents...

Not by toyota website. I need to go and look at one in the flesh and take them for a test drive.

What, what?

Does Altise not have rear air conditioning vents for the new Camry?

I have a last generation Altise and it has rear air conditioning vents...

Not by toyota website. I need to go and look at one in the flesh and take them for a test drive.

They have rear vents but is not dual zone Aircon

Just that my relative passed away in and accident when they are 4 hours away from town in a 4wd, the car turn over, somehow roll over, somehow the children just unfasten their seatbelt before that... so the rest, we can imagine...

that why when i heard about kids+sunroof, it reminds me...

But this is Aus, mb children are behaving better, so no worries...

Btw, i dont dare to get sunroof, coz i drive everywhere without fastening my seatbelt ><"

Edited by dannywss

Just that my relative passed away in and accident when they are 4 hours away from town in a 4wd, the car turn over, somehow roll over, somehow the children just unfasten their seatbelt before that... so the rest, we can imagine...

that why when i heard about kids+sunroof, it reminds me...

But this is Aus, mb children are behaving better, so no worries...

Btw, i dont dare to get sunroof, coz i drive everywhere without fastening my seatbelt ><"

You don't wear a seatbelt :nono:

Then a sunroof is the last of your worries. My kids are 13 and 15 and have been brought up to automatically put on a seatbelt. They would think it crazy not to.

Edited by mtbrider