Screws In Airconditioning ??

hey guys, iv come across a little problem, while i was changing my headunit i had some screws sitting on top of the dash and my sister decided to bump the car which made them move and now i have a screw down the airconditioning vents up the back of the dash, if any1 has ever fixed this or knows where i shud start too look it would be much helpful

thankx in advanced

MIIKEY

Can you see the screws or hear where they are? Cos if they sound close to the vent you should go to Autobarn or Super Cheap Auto and get a Magnet on a stick. thats how I got my loose screws in hard to reach places

Can you see the screws or hear where they are? Cos if they sound close to the vent you should go to Autobarn or Super Cheap Auto and get a Magnet on a stick. thats how I got my loose screws in hard to reach places

i can hear them n it sounds like there down the back of the dash

• 1 month later...

i dropped a few screws but none of them got into my air con vents. they fell straight down. i found them behind the gear lever stick. so i had to get down next to the pedals and look bheind the carpet and thats how i found out my ecu was sitting there. i would try pulling the vents apart as its only piping put together. it cant be hard putting the pipes back together.

i dropped a few screws but none of them got into my air con vents. they fell straight down. i found them behind the gear lever stick. so i had to get down next to the pedals and look bheind the carpet and thats how i found out my ecu was sitting there. i would try pulling the vents apart as its only piping put together. it cant be hard putting the pipes back together.

its the ones right infront of the windows, so im guessing its the demister one

ooo dats no good. well u have to look under the dash were the pedals would be and see if you can find were the pipe for that is. and im sure you would be able to remove the pipe goin to it and hopefully take the screw out.

You could tie the magnets to your sisters hair, shove her head against the windscreen and go fishing lol...

The bottom of the heaterbox is directly behind the glovebox, try and get the srews out of the demister vents, but if you can't take the car for a strap with hard accel, decel and turns to try and shake the screws around and hopefully they'll drop down to the bottom, then remove the fan from the bottom of the box (3 screws and the wiring clip) and see if they're in there :) :) :) ...