Panel Filter

ITG make a great tripple layer foam panel filter for the sportivo too... friend just had to trim 10mm off the end of the lip on the filter to fit... was a tight fit too but better midrange response by feel of the seat driving.

Being foam too no heavy sparaying of oil that "MAY" clog the air flow meter as some people have experienced with the cotton gauze ones. This was fitted to a friends car, not mine for warranty reasons

http://www.fuelsaver.com.au/itg.php

I totally agree, ITG panel filter is good - I just wish it didn't take so much effort to get it to fit. I didn't do any trimming but stood on the air box with some 70 kgs of weight while someone else clipped the airbox lid on.

I totally agree, ITG panel filter is good - I just wish it didn't take so much effort to get it to fit. I didn't do any trimming but stood on the air box with some 70 kgs of weight while someone else clipped the airbox lid on.

I used so much force i almost snapped the air box lid clip closest to the strut... But after trimming and fitting its easy to take in and out once shaped to the air box internal ribbing on the lip of the box

i think theres 2 different types , a paper 1 and and oiled 1 like the 1 ive got, which works pretty good :D

TRD Japan's filter (no oil) is not paper like the standard Denso filter. It rather looks as a plastic (or plasticized) material like a sponge.

It mainly reduced the high frequencies of the engine's noise. I feel that the car can accelarate more efficiently for passing withouth the need to downshift gears at 4000-5000rpm (torque improved?) but it may also be a pshycological effect of the altered noise.