Wiring under guard holding kick panel

parkerst

I had to get the plastic thing off under my steering wheel and i noticed something when i took the guard off on the door.

I have no idea if its stock standard (jesus i hope not) but i noticed that one of the screws that holds the guard down on the door (At the feet), which is attached to the kick panel, to get at the last screw..has a screw that goes straight through a bunch of wires!!1

Is that normal and won't that f*** my cabling up eventually?

Edited by parkerst

Does it look like it's supposed to go through the wiring??? Some looms will have a hole in the centre for screws to go through to hold the loom in place...

If it's not supposed to be there and it's cut into the wiring case, then I would remove the screw, cover the wires individually with electrical tape, then tape them all together with tape and fit a smaller screw that won't affect the wiring or try and move the wires to the side...

Nah, there is no little hole or plug that the screw goes in, it goes straight down into where the wires were, so i drilled tiny holes in and put little clips to hold the wires on either side of where the screw goes.

But do i need to go pulling **** apart to look for crap like this? It turns out that one of the wires was damaged already, so i had to cut it, and solder a new section in.