07 corolla front skirt

Tonight when i was driving, went into this big curve at some parking, i forgot to go on the side and the front just went bom on the ground and stuck, by the time i got the car out of that, the skirt is full scratch and rip out at the middle. But its been snapped back on now.

Anyone with the 07 hatch had the same problem, ? lucky its the plastic part on the front skirt

Also, is that replaceable??

Tonight when i was driving, went into this big curve at some parking, i forgot to go on the side and the front just went bom on the ground and stuck, by the time i got the car out of that, the skirt is full scratch and rip out at the middle. But its been snapped back on now.

Anyone with the 07 hatch had the same problem, ? lucky its the plastic part on the front skirt

Also, is that replaceable??

The exact same thing has happened to me twice, I am really considering not to lower my rolla because of this. I have previously lowered my Yaris and never have I had any problems relating to this.

I am kinda lucky not to have damaged my front skirt to a point where physical damage can be seen, however I think you can buy the part that you mentioned that snapped off. Im not sure but I think your best bet would be Toyota.

To all the 9th gen corolla owners, have you experienced anything similar to this and have you decided to lower your car car regardless? (Sorry for stealing the thread :spiteful:)

Yeah it is replaceable. Go to a Toyota dealer's part's department and ask them, they'll have it (if not they will order it in for you, should be avail. next day). Any part on a car is replaceable even the headlight socket cover on the back was available as a separate part.

I'd guessing each side is around 36 bucks (since it's two pieces?).

I've scratched mine too. Have't replaced it yet. It will cost about $75 from toyota and just screws on with about 3 or 4 screws. Shouldn't be too hard. :toast:

I dont even know if it needs screws. It just seems to snapped on to the bumper.

I'll leave it there for now. Just as long as that plastic part is replaceable. I feel better. lol

I dont know if its the car's design. The height is not low at all but still it is very easy to scratch that skirt part.

• 2 weeks later...
I've scratched mine too. Have't replaced it yet. It will cost about $75 from toyota and just screws on with about 3 or 4 screws. Shouldn't be too hard. :toast:

I dont even know if it needs screws. It just seems to snapped on to the bumper.

I'll leave it there for now. Just as long as that plastic part is replaceable. I feel better. lol

I dont know if its the car's design. The height is not low at all but still it is very easy to scratch that skirt part.

It is indeed. My one was went all wonkers after I lowered the car. It's never going to stay in its original shape I reckon.