2007 Corolla Radio

nkdmoto

Hi, I am new to this Forum!

I have a question for other 07 Corolla owners regarding the single cd stereo that comes in the Ascent, for some odd reason my radio seems to drop out

on the stereo chanel as if it had a stereo/mono switch being played with, cd and ipod work work just fine it is just the radio.....very odd........does not do it all the time and sometimes on the same road to and from work.

Have had it to 2 different Brisbane Toyota dealers and of course they could not find anything wrong.

Car has only 7,000ks and has done it pretty much from day one.

I thought it was just me being anal about my new car but had daughter in the car other day and she said whats wrong with the radio!!!!

Other than that the car is great, just love driving it.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Thanks

nkdmoto

No problems with the radio but CD player tends to just stop working. I only got my car 2 days ago. Brand spanking new off the boat from Japan. Pretty ****ty when my CD just stopped playing. Couldn't even eject it unless I turned the ignition off and on. cd's were new too

No problems with the radio but CD player tends to just stop working. I only got my car 2 days ago. Brand spanking new off the boat from Japan. Pretty ****ty when my CD just stopped playing. Couldn't even eject it unless I turned the ignition off and on. cd's were new too

Take it to the dealership ASAP. You wouldn't want any problems to continue nagging you throughout the life of the vehicle.

Take it to the dealership ASAP. You wouldn't want any problems to continue nagging you throughout the life of the vehicle.

wow... the same things has happened to me, however I complained to Toyoya and they agreed to replace it. They took my serial number of the HU and are going to call me back when a new one arrives (roughly 2 weeks).

I dont plan on having the stock HU in for much longer than 3 months as I am wanting to upgrade to somthing better, but now at least if I want to sell the woking HU I can.

• 1 month later...

This is normal for all newer Fujitsu Ten stereos (early 07 onwards) in Toyotas (except Camry/Aurion/LC200 Sahara). Fujitsu Ten have decided that there should be fancy special effects to make the music sound better, apparently. In reality, it does sound like s_hit and this is one of the many reasons we didn't buy a new Corolla to replace our old ZZE-122 Ultima.

Edited by pinzvidz

• 1 month later...
wow... the same things has happened to me, however I complained to Toyoya and they agreed to replace it. They took my serial number of the HU and are going to call me back when a new one arrives (roughly 2 weeks).

I dont plan on having the stock HU in for much longer than 3 months as I am wanting to upgrade to somthing better, but now at least if I want to sell the woking HU I can.

and exactly the same here.

CD never wants to play and I can't get it back out!

I will complain to the service center and see if they will replace my unit.