Steering wheel controls

Hey Guys and Gals,

Hope all is well!!

Well its been 3 months since i got my 05 sportivo, and im still loving it. :D

I was in lift recently for the first time :yahoo: and my heart was beating that loud i couldnt hear the engine revving - it was good fun though!!

Just wondering if anyone has put the volume and skip controls on their steering wheels like the new models have for the cd player??

Im a girl and multi task while driving, lip gloss, answer phone, change songs etc, and i find it hard to change the song or volume without actually looking at it to get the right button.

So i guess my questions are:

1. is it possible?

2. is it expensive?

3. could my dad and i do it?

Thanx Guys and Gals!!!

xx

once you hit lift, you will be addicted.

There is no avoiding losing your factory Steering wheel airbag if you want to change the Steering wheel, UNLESS, from memory Pioneer brought out a Head unit that had a steering wheel contoller, but that means you'll also have to change your Head unit which u might not want to do. There is no feasible option to doing that.

Just dont use the phone and lip gloss, and youll b fine!

Good luck

once you hit lift, you will be addicted.

There is no avoiding losing your factory Steering wheel airbag if you want to change the Steering wheel, UNLESS, from memory Pioneer brought out a Head unit that had a steering wheel contoller, but that means you'll also have to change your Head unit which u might not want to do. There is no feasible option to doing that.

Just dont use the phone and lip gloss, and youll b fine!

Good luck

here u go....

I have a steering wheel that has 4 buttons on it.... and an airbag... and if I could be bothered I would hook the buttons up to the climate control temp and fan speed.

But i have no time. :(

BTW i drive an 03 Stivo

I have a steering wheel that has 4 buttons on it.... and an airbag... and if I could be bothered I would hook the buttons up to the climate control temp and fan speed.

BTW i drive an 03 Stivo

yeah would definately want that. its so anoying trying to change the temp and change the fan speed while driving.

BTW i drive an 03 Stivo

This may sound dumb - but how come youve buttons? :huh:

BTW i drive an 03 Stivo

details..........................

i have an mr2 wheel in my car. The car it came from was obviously automatic. Buttons aren't connected to anything yet though.

Please note that the mr2 or even normal corolla 1zz steering wheels are not interchangable. They require slight modification to fit. I think celica and sportivo wheels are interchangable. I think.