LPG and 2.4l VVTi

IBJ

I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but I have a 94 Camry (5sfe 4 cyl) on LPG and it runs fine. Had it converted roughly 2.5 months ago, been 6500km of trouble free motoring so far. Here are a few pointers i think you should know about:

*The tank size can be an issue, mine is a bit small with 61l of usable LPG.... normally get it to fill to 58l on completely dry. I get 7.77km/l out of LPG, i was getting 11km/l on petrol.

*The car shakes a little bit more at the lights while running on LPG in comparison to on petrol... (my installer can fix that, but then i only get 7km/l) - my car also has 255 000 km on it... so keep that in your considerations.

*For regular driving, lpg is fine.... even through rev ranges, power difference is un-noticible.... but from 120km/h to 130km/h, it feels like u are getting out of the car and pushing it..... On petrol, its an entirely different kettle of fish... till about 140, i have never had any dramas....

*Servicing becomes an issue, I used to have my car serviced every 10 000km, but i've been told by the LPG installer to have it done every 5000km.... may be different for ur car as its a lot newer

*Starting the car can be troublesome...... keep taking it back to the installer, it will eventually start like it did on petrol.... should drive EXACTLY the same.

I hope that answers some of ur queries.... if u were more interested in the engine wear side of things, sorry, but i haven't really had the conversion done for long enough to tell you that, also our engines are entirely different.