New Kluger Sun Visor Vanity Light

mrbishi

I went out to the car last night to see a light coming from inside the cabin. When I opened it I noticed that the vanity light( if thats what you call it ) behind the passengers sun visor was on. It must have been on for hours. Has this been overlooked by Toyota or is mine the only one that does it. I wouldnt expect it to stay on indefinitely in this day and age of auto off functions etc etc, especially after locking the car.

The visor was down and mirror was open. Seems to turn off okay when you close the mirror or flick up the visor.......strange......

The visor was down and mirror was open. Seems to turn off okay when you close the mirror or flick up the visor.......strange......

Yes, strange.. But is there a better solution? autooff may be annoying if the missus is still trying to do the final touch b4 heading down to the party.. a timer will be a bit of overkill? :)

For me as a guy that light is a bit of overkill itself anyway.. . :P

Edited by Tae

Yes, strange.. But is there a better solution? autooff may be annoying if the missus is still trying to do the final touch b4 heading down to the party.. a timer will be a bit of overkill? :)

A timer is never an overkill. You know people have stat up that we will spend 3 years of our life times waiting for our dates/partner to get ready.

Hang on it actually says womens spend 3 years of their life time to get ready to go out.

A timer is never an overkill. You know people have stat up that we will spend 3 years of our life times waiting for our dates/partner to get ready.

Hang on it actually says womens spend 3 years of their life time to get ready to go out.

That why we die 3 years before women, the waiting kills us....lol

But yeah I would have expected something to turn it off after a while if the car has been locked. I cant think of any good reason why its the way it is.

My thinking is.....its gonna be a hot day, you go to the beach, you put up your windscreen sun shield to stop the sun from getting in, you flick down your visors to hold it in place better....but forget to check to the sliding cover...and when you get back from a long day out you find the battery is too flat to start the car..... It may be unlikely but it can happen, its just another thing to think of..... oh well.

and when you get back from a long day out you find the battery is too flat to start the car..... It may be unlikely but it can happen, its just another thing to think of..... oh well.

Yes, I know what u meant.. I thought of that too when I 'discover' that vanity light. But It's like a few other gadget's or feature with this car. It's a nice feature but didn't implement in the nicest way.

E.g.

1) All door pockets with fixed drink bottle place holder.. It's nice but it will be better if u can take the place holder out. That goes with the twin cup holder that we can be partially remove the cover and convert to storage but still has a fixed place holder in the middle.

2) the high opening boot with straps but cannot adjust the height or angle of opening

3) 3rd row entry is only from left side of 2nd row which requires seat is fully lay down, a bit hard when you want to strap a baby seat there.

4) the auto door unlock should only happen when car stopped and should be the same for passenger side..

That's it for the moment.. Will think of more.. Hehe.. :spiteful:

But of course I still love the car.. :toast:

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting point re the vanity light, I had a similar thing happen with the center interior light, my boys must have been playing with it when we got home and left it on for several hours.

The Old Berlina had better simple light smarts (bosh) which Toyota could take note

Dead lock/alarm

Only open the drivers door

Turn off all interior lights once car is locked

Courtesy head lights on when approaching car in the dark (with remote)

You still have 5 minutes to shut your windows once the key was removed

I went out to the car last night to see a light coming from inside the cabin. When I opened it I noticed that the vanity light( if thats what you call it ) behind the passengers sun visor was on. It must have been on for hours. Has this been overlooked by Toyota or is mine the only one that does it. I wouldnt expect it to stay on indefinitely in this day and age of auto off functions etc etc, especially after locking the car.

Thats the exact behavior in my to be trade-in Corolla (for the Kluger).. same goes for the other interior lightings. So they never "fix" this in the new gen Kluger

I Havent Got My Kluger Grande Yet ( :yahoo: ) But in the old Kluger (that we have at the moment) you had to either close the visor to turn the light off or close the little shutter thing near the mirror. So Yeah

KLUGER GRANDE !!! :clap:

Ebony With Sand Beige Interior !!! :clap:

Its The Best :toast:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Sorry For all the Emotions but IM SOOOOOO EXITED

post-6613-1199677480_thumb.jpg