My Aurion

beaves

Yeah I know this isnt't the member ride section, but here's some photos of my Black SX6. All I am going to do is tint the windows, that is all. I don'w want to void my warranty by getting 19 inch wheels and so forth.

newcar002.jpg

newcar001.jpg

newcar004.jpg

Edited by beaves

Looks good. I live in Brisbane but am in NZ at the moment. I am moving back here in March and while I am here, just bought myself a brand new SX6. Got a really good deal as they are getting rid of the 07 builds. Paid $42k NZD (about $35k AUD) with Leather, stereo upgrade and other bits and pieces. I got Inferno colour and can't wait to get my hands on it. I will post pictures once I get it.

It is getting leather installed and tints put on. I will have sleepless nights in Brisbane till I return and have a good crack at driving the beast. Hopefully my old man will keep it in good shape.

I was going to get a Holden, but opted for the Aurion when a cousin of mine who is a mechanic at a Holden dealer drove the SX6 and said, take this one. Better engine than the SV6. His first reaction when he turned the ignition, "is the engine on as I can't hear it?" :o

35k drive away with leather for an SX6? I Don't mean to sound sceptical but I find that extremely hard to believe <_< . I just paid 40k for my silver ZR6 with moonroof (fleet price) which I will be picking up next week and the dealer assured me that they were actually making a loss on the sale (I guess they make it up somehow by reaching their sales quota for the month). I'm going to put 19" on the car immediately - helps that I work for a wholesaler of Tyres & Wheels cause I get them at cost. Going to put these on there, what do you think?

post-5934-1199001696_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sanz

35k drive away with leather for an SX6? I Don't mean to sound sceptical but I find that extremely hard to believe <_< . I just paid 40k for my silver ZR6 with moonroof (fleet price) which I will be picking up next week and the dealer assured me that they were actually making a loss on the sale (I guess they make it up somehow by reaching their sales quota for the month). I'm going to put 19" on the car immediately - helps that I work for a wholesaler of Tyres & Wheels cause I get them at cost. Going to put these on there, what do you think?

oh man, they look sweet!!

35k could be for a dealer model,

is there a speaker upgrade option for the aurion zr6???

is there a speaker upgrade option for the aurion zr6???

There isnt any, you'll have to go aftermarket.

Nice rims btw :)

$35k is the AUD equivalent of $42k NZ. The SX6 retails here for $45,500 plus ORC. But 1 dealer here had a great deal to for $38,000 driveaway, plus it cost me about $4k for the extras, i.e. leather, audio upgrade to include bluetooth and aux input, tints, floor illumination etc. That's why I bought it while I am here on holiday as I only have 8 more weeks to spend in Oz when I return. I haven't seen them as cheap for the whole year so jumped at the deal.

The fleet price is the same in NZ, but having a knowledge of these large dealerships and how they trade, buying at the end of the financial year or the end of the calender year is the best for deals as they try to get rid of the 2007 builds, or want to sell more cars to meet dealer targets. The cars might be sold at a slight loss for the dealer, but they make it up in the incentives they receive as Toyota still makes a profit out of selling the car.

I saw the car at the dealership today. Arrived from Toyota storage and waiting for leather to be fitted and tints done. I can't wait to drive it for a week till I return and can fully test the beast.

you will be happy with your SX6, they go aiiiiiiiiiiiight. Black is a b!tch to keep clean, have washed mine about 3 times in 6 days, only because I am fussy, but it does get dirty easy. Hopefully that inferno colour doesn't show the dirt as much as mine.

• 3 months later...

Oh, and looking at the B Boss Eleanors (18 inchers) to throw on in a month when i can get some $$$$ together.

After seeing them on the White one in here, I think they will suit my girl as well.

The joys of car ownership!!!!!!

Oh, and looking at the B Boss Eleanors (18 inchers) to throw on in a month when i can get some $$$$ together.

After seeing them on the White one in here, I think they will suit my girl as well.

The joys of car ownership!!!!!!

Beaves:-

That is going to look awesome .... bet you can't wait. Did you see that guy I put you onto? Did he look after you do you think? Can't wait to see your pics

nah, i think the owner/manager was at the front counter but i got a bit of a discount for being in defence, kit and kaboodle- $650, which i am not too angry at having to pay, all i can remember was swearing at my mate and he at me when we lowered my VS wagon, never will i do that again, lowering that is, I swear at my mate on a daily basis. The B Boss Eleanors are $2000, i might wait til i need new tyre and then splurge then, the car could go about another 15k kms on these ones i have (still original tyres), i can't really justify that amount at the moment, which is a shame as the car deserves the dam things, but i have other priorities (stupid home loan) haha!!

nah, i think the owner/manager was at the front counter but i got a bit of a discount for being in defence, kit and kaboodle- $650, which i am not too angry at having to pay, all i can remember was swearing at my mate and he at me when we lowered my VS wagon, never will i do that again, lowering that is, I swear at my mate on a daily basis. The B Boss Eleanors are $2000, i might wait til i need new tyre and then splurge then, the car could go about another 15k kms on these ones i have (still original tyres), i can't really justify that amount at the moment, which is a shame as the car deserves the dam things, but i have other priorities (stupid home loan) haha!!

So your lowering it on the standards?

yeah, i am thinking about it hey...... i don't actually mind the standard mag that comes with the SX6, i just wish it was a bit bigger and a bit wider, the actualy design itself is quite good though. I really wish i could afford to get the B Boss Eleanors right now..........

Edited by beaves

yeah, i am thinking about it hey...... i don't actually mind the standard mag that comes with the SX6, i just wish it was a bit bigger and a bit wider, the actualy design itself is quite good though. I really wish i could afford to get the B Boss Eleanors right now..........

Your right .. they are a nice wheel ... you'll just have to save your bucks m8 if you wanna change them. Your car looks great as it does .... :rolleyes:

finally got the windows tinted..............lowering in 2 weeks, then the new wheels....................................maybe, hehehehehehehe

img0438je9.jpg

Edited by beaves

well thanks to a demolition truck ,driving the opposite way, a piece of metal about a foot long and about half a foot wide came cart wheeling from out the back of his tip truck and went straight into the front of my Aurion. At first it looked like a piece of bark as the metal was rusted, however i pulled over, and saw the damage, whilst not massive, is very noticeable. With rage I went to follow the dam truck but he had turned off the road into suburbia and I couldn't find it again. I am pretty ropeable about it, but being that it was 3pm, thankfully it hit my car and not a kid riding their bike home from school as it would have probably taken their leg off. I am pretty p!ssed at the moment.