Hello From A Newbie

Just wanted to say hello as this will be my first post. Just bought an 04 Sportivo about a week ago, searched around the net and found this forum and going nuts over how much i wanna do to this car now.lol (this sites given me too many ideas, hopefully my wallet can keep up...................alotta ovatime to do now. :( )

I went to a few exhaust places in the last week,they all reckon that i should just change the cat (all they said was a high flow one) and muffler as the piping and the extractors on stock sportivos dont really need to be changed as i wouldnt notice much performance gain. Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly apprieciated.

Also is it cool to jus run a straight pipe from the air filter box to under the front bumper and remove the original piping or will it cause serious problems? We did it on my mates sss pulsar and it seems to go a better.

Thanks for the help.

P.s Should the 04 sportivo have a "Sportivo" badge on the back of it? cause i only got them on the side skirts. All the back has is "toyota", "corolla" and the toyota symbol

welcome mate, where u from?...i just joined not long ago too and found its a great way to learn new stuff. Personally i found using search and reading the old topics has been really good.

P.S i call first dibs on his stivo cat-bak if he sells it hahahah :P

All sportivos should have the red sportivo badge on the back. Mine came debadged but i have brand new 1s. If Any1 is interested

I think i got 2 red Sportivo stickers, Toyota and Corolla

pre facelift sportivos dont have them on the back they have 2 silver ones on the sideskirt

facelift sportivos have a red one on the back and 2 red ones on the side of the door

Thanks guys. Yeh might go buy extra badges.lol

The rims are Lenso apex-5 17in, they look alright but she really needs to be dropped a few inchs. Wanna go 18s but worried about guard rub and the extra weight the car will need to pull.

Greetings newbie /pat

It has already been proven that honing / porting the stock headers and adding a 2.5inch catback to the 2zzge vastly improves it's low end response and gives a 5 - 9 odd kw increase on what you have already.

If you want a better system then go for it. The stock one is already nice by all means, but if you want something more responsive then the above is the way to go.

(Cannon mufflers have proven to be way too noisy to have on these btw. They're instant defect material, unless you have a silencer)

Just wanted to say hello as this will be my first post. Just bought an 04 Sportivo about a week ago, searched around the net and found this forum and going nuts over how much i wanna do to this car now.lol (this sites given me too many ideas, hopefully my wallet can keep up...................alotta ovatime to do now. :( )

I went to a few exhaust places in the last week,they all reckon that i should just change the cat (all they said was a high flow one) and muffler as the piping and the extractors on stock sportivos dont really need to be changed as i wouldnt notice much performance gain. Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly apprieciated.

Also is it cool to jus run a straight pipe from the air filter box to under the front bumper and remove the original piping or will it cause serious problems? We did it on my mates sss pulsar and it seems to go a better.

Thanks for the help.

P.s Should the 04 sportivo have a "Sportivo" badge on the back of it? cause i only got them on the side skirts. All the back has is "toyota", "corolla" and the toyota symbol

welcome:)

im queit new here aswell hehe

those rims sure do look nice :) and even nicer when photo shoped :D

i think i may know who owned this car previously

i think it should have around 70000kms on the car

and running sumitomo tyres?

if it is he should be on the forum as well.

yeh its done 68ks and the dealer said an asian guy owned it b4.

Please tell me he took care of it.lol :unsure:

Hey has someone still got the big burn out vids with this car :lol:

Just Joking :D welcome to the forum, nice to have another wog :D

haha yea the car was serviced well i think....

not too sure on the thrashing side..but everyone will say they dont thrash their cars

i'll ask him if he can contact u via msn or sumthing

but i can tell that ur worried haha

he was asian and he was 18 or 19 wen he got the car

how much u pick up the beast for?

and welcome to the forum

Edited by NRG

yeh it was serviced every 10 thous on the dot pretty much, next ones due soon. i picked it up for 18gs. its immaculate its just that the speakers in it have been changed and the tweaters ripped out and theres 2 pairs of black cables hanging under the dash taped up and i want to know what they were for, also there is speak cable running behind the dash as well.

Besides that everythings clean. the car looks well maintained, he wasnt a smoker because the cigarette lighter and ashtray are brand new but yes i do feel a lil uneasy, not worried so much but i wouldnt mind contacting the guy anyway just for those few questions.

btw thanks for trying to contact him for me, much appreciated!

sorry man the guy hasnt been on msn since

and he doesn't come on these forums much anymore coz he aint got a toyota no more.

his system before was running a 4 channel amp

so i take it he amped the fronts whilst running a sub as well

Hiya and Welcome!

Mine's an 03 and doesn't have the badge at the back.

Where abouts are you from? Most of the cities do monthly meets, so check those out too- in the club section

Have fun :rolleyes::blink:

ey, im round hurzi way. I washed her today, looking sweet lol.

btw any1 got any idea on how to unclip the front grill? one of the brackets thats meant to hold it in has snapped and i cant manage to take out the grill. ive unscrewed the 3 screws on the top of it but cant release the bottom half, it looks like its got some sort of clips :blink: