Brake Problem (2002 corolla sedan)

Mac

Hi guys

I have a 2002 corolla ascent sedan for daily use and i notice that the brake is not as sensitive/responsive as my camry...

I mean its not that bad, still stop the car is just that it wont stop it immediately sort to speak.. does anyone has this problem as well?? i

ts due for 80k service next week so will ask them about it too..

anyway tried to search similar postin in the forum but cant find it :unsure:

:help::help::help:

thanks....

Edited by Mac

If it is still on the brake fluid it left the factory with, might want to start by changing that. Nothing wrong with factory stuff, just 5-6 years will allow it to absorb water. Brake pads are another item to look at. Some pads are better than others, depends on what your after out of them. Since you just want to drive on the road and have something cheap, go with Toyota pads.

If it is still on the brake fluid it left the factory with, might want to start by changing that. Nothing wrong with factory stuff, just 5-6 years will allow it to absorb water.

they recommend that brake fluid is changed every 2 years regardless of kms but if its due for an 80k service they should change the fluid as part of the service you may have to check with the place your having the service done to confirm that theyre actually going to change it for you.

on another note i drove a 2002 wagon a few weeks back and getting out of my car and basically straight into the wagon i could tell there was a significant difference in braking i felt i had to apply alot more effort to get it to stop maybe thats just the way they are

Gday mate

I am a 3rd year appretice machanic and i have been working at toyota the whole time and i relized over time that camry have a harder breaking force dont no why they just do. It could be to do with the calipers being a bit bigger and it is a bigger car so it needs all the break force possible, and as reqiured in the service manual yes it is every 2 years brake fluid change or every 40k service so it should be getting replaced when you bring your car in.

Unless your corolla is a south african corolla than that a whole another story. Now with them not including tivo's cause they have a different setup but if it is a corolla ascent made in south africa. There breaks are made very bad and have been assembles very bad in the factory and there is nothing you can really do about it. The roters, break pads, calipers and break boster are all made **** on that make.

But anyway best of luck.

Pricey