ST184 FR speaker dead

Keisari

Hey all,

I've pulled the head unit out to make sure all the connections are fine, which they are. The next step is pulling the speaker out of the driver's side dash, but it looks a whole lot more complex than the passenger's. Has anybody attempted this and could provide some pointers? I tried popping off the bezel that covers the speaker housing but one of the screws is impossible to get to without making a rather large hole in the duco (I guess this shouldn't matter though, the bezel would cover it).

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Hey all,

I've pulled the head unit out to make sure all the connections are fine, which they are. The next step is pulling the speaker out of the driver's side dash, but it looks a whole lot more complex than the passenger's. Has anybody attempted this and could provide some pointers? I tried popping off the bezel that covers the speaker housing but one of the screws is impossible to get to without making a rather large hole in the duco (I guess this shouldn't matter though, the bezel would cover it).

Thanks!

Sorry I havent been on the forums as much as used to in order for you to get a sooner reply... you need to remove the cover that spans below the steering wheel (prolly not the best description), the speaker is a 4" paper cone speaker and is attached to a "resonator box" which helps boost the sound. This box simply unclips from the main audio loom... then all you need is you trusty Phillips head and you good...

I've changed all my speakers and found i had to clip away at some of the grill molding in order for it to be able to fit.. Depends on the speaker you replace it with.

Failing that PM Me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks a lot for that Zoran! When I get some time myself I'll try it.

Sweet ride btw, I always get a bit jealous when I go past a WRC edition in the carpark around uni :P

thanks man... ey if you need help i'm in the inner west just send me a msg thru MSN or something