Paint rust and leather protection

Kruzenvax

Hi all,

The dealer offered me a leather protection, paint protection (claim there's no need to wax ever) amd electronic rust protection - as a package (not free!) - from truseal. What do people think/know about it - is this a good offer I should take or?

Thanks

Not sure if I understoiood you corectly. I guess the rust protection is not that effective; what would you please suggest abut the other 2 (paint/leather)?

Thanks

NOTHING!

Is that a good answer?

Never trust the rust proof unless you store your car under water.

Nowadays paint protection is useless as the original paint are very good. I think I stop those for like 8 years ago. Leather is easier - $30 a bottle of AutoGlym from autobarn will protect for like 3 months.

No need mate. Save your money.

I agree too, save your money.

Most cars these days dont suffer form problems that plagued cars of the past like poor paint, or rust problems.

Theres always an escape clause or two or three, for all these companies that sell these protection products because they are limited to the amount of protection they offer.

A scenario I imagine if you got rust on your car goes like this.

You try and make a claim from the the electronic rust zappo company but only to be told it was functioning perfectly but they cannot be responsible for the rust because there was a bad earth or your electrode was not connected properly because of some dirt that caused an intermittent connection. Then you try and make a claim from the car manufacturer only to be told that Uh Uh we dont know what that electronic rust zappo was doing to the body, you better take it up with the zappo company.

Same goes for paint as well as leather.

Just look after it yourself and clean off any tree sap etc as soon as you can, as well as the leather.

Thats my two bits worth anyway.

its called the full woody pack in the car trade , anyone who buys it is considered a wood duck.

save your money

Don't know about rust protection as I haven't had it, ut I'm dubious to say the least, but I once bought a second-hand Outback that had the paint protection, and the paint surface was absolutely crap. No need to wax my foot! So not long after that I cut it back with a rotary buffer, clayed, polished, "swirl-removed" and then waxed it to my own finicky standard. The result was far superior and it stayed that way until we sold it in October to make way for the Kluger (coming to a garage near us soon!).

I wouldn't bother with leather protector either like the others say. Just care for it as part of your regular interior/exterior maintenance detailing save the money.

just to add my two cents worth...

save your two cents! there's a clause in the protection papers that it needs to be re-applied every so often... and my guess is that there's where you throw away more money!