RA28 advice?

Sunny77

Hey all... newbie here. I've been the proud owner of an RA28 since around 96. She was my first car but unfortunately she's been off the road since october '05. My partner's car was stolen and now i'm struck with the desicion of what to do with my car. I'm wanting to do a rebuild but am unsure how to go about it. At the moment the car's pretty stock apart from some headers and a suspension upgrade which is probably currently due for replacement anyway. I'm not mechanically cluey enough to do all that much myself apart from a few body bits and pieces and possibly a few interior bits as well. Things that desperately need replacing etc are engine/motor and gearbox, rust and a new paint job, some seals etc and suspension. Any suggestions of how i should go about this? Who is reliable people to see in the Brisbane area? What components to go for? I just want my car to have a bit of go, but it has to remain relatively economical and reliable and above all fun to drive.

At this stage i'm not fussed about engine aspiration but i'm leaning towards NA or at the very least supercharged.

Cheers all.

So no-one's got any thoughts on what to do with an RA28? Interesting.

I went looking out for a few engines on the weekend and found out a few more bits of info. I definitely want to "keep it in the family" so to speak with a Toyota engine but originally wanted to stick to either an NA unit or a supercharged one. Possibly either the 18RGEU with a few webers and extractors etc. or the 4AGZE. However i realised that with the 4AGZE out of the AW11 MR2 a fair bit of tinkering would be involved as its an east/west engine and mine is a north/south one. Also, its out of a mid engined car and would be going into a front engine rear drive scenario and would also only go with the 4A gearbox which added another complication. The other engine option, apparently much easier and possibly even cheaper is the 1JZGTE 2.5 litre 6 out of the early Supra. Initially didn't want to go turbo but this may be most straightforward.

Anyone had any experience with any of this or otherwise thoughts?