17" Kappa Alloys, What Rubber To Use?????

Pauly

I am looking at getting the 17" Toyota Corolla Kappa Alloys, I was wondering what would be the best bang for the buck tyers to get for it?

The Toyota website says it needs:

225/45 R17 91H

whatever that means lol.

Im not after racing tyers or anything like that, as its only an automatic corolla, but im not after rubbish tyers.

I was expecting to spend about ~$200 per tyer (if thats reasonable)??

Cheers.

Paul.

I am looking at getting the 17" Toyota Corolla Kappa Alloys, I was wondering what would be the best bang for the buck tyers to get for it?

The Toyota website says it needs:

225/45 R17 91H

whatever that means lol.

Im not after racing tyers or anything like that, as its only an automatic corolla, but im not after rubbish tyers.

I was expecting to spend about ~$200 per tyer (if thats reasonable)??

Cheers.

Paul.

My car was a dealer demo and so my Kappa wheels and tyres came with the car... I can tell you that the tyre size needed to keep an acurate speed on the dash, is the recomended 225/45 R17 91H by Toyota. However if you wish to keep costs down then you could get a thinner tyre, for example,

215/45 R17 91H.

1. 215 is the width of the tyre which is decent as the stock Corollas are running 195. (The sizes go up in 10's, 195,205,215...)
  2. 45 is the profile and is the amount of rubber you get from the rim to the contact surface of the road. You can get less tyre by going to 30 low profile although it will change the speed on the dash.
  3. 17 refers to the size of your wheels.
  4. 91H is the speed rating of the tyres which I do not no much on.

Some might say that 225s might be too wide for the car and you will find that most 9th Gen Corollas are rolling between 205 and 215s as they do have benefits aswell, mainly fuel economy...

I might go down to 215s when it's time to change mine but for now im happy with what I have. BTW I have just checked and I have Toyo Neo Plus which I cannot fault.

I am running these wheels on my car from the day I got the vehicle. I run 225/45/R17 just like the Toyota Site says, however I did not get to choose the rubber installed, they did that for me.

They installed Sumitomo Rubber onto the wheels, the rubber aint too bad, I havent had any problems with grip in overly tight situations yet :P I'll let you know how it goes.