Suspension (again?)

stauff

Hi all,

A lot of people are having trouble with gear shifting, I'm not one of them (yet?), but a few people have also mentioned getting their struts replaced. Mine was making bad noises if I hit speed bumps at >3km/h so I asked the dealer to take a look. Sure enough, the front right is shot and needs replacing. What worries me is that it's not exactly a new thing (been happening for a few months), I only just got around to getting the dealer to look at it. Hope nothing else has been damaged by the busted strut.

Is this also a common issue which hasn't been noticed so much amongst the gear shifting problems?

Cheers,

- Matthew

Hard to explain precisely, but I was experiencing a dull rattling noise as I went over small bumps in the road which sounded like it was coming from the driver's side wheel well. Also, hitting a speed bump (a small one in a carpark, not the huge ones on roads) at more than a very slow speed would cause a distinct BAM from the front as if the wheel was slamming back down on the road.

I also noticed this morning that the car leans worse into that side. I took a left-hand corner at a mild speed and punched out of it, and the inner tyre gave a big squeal. I mustn't have been hitting it around corners much for the last couple of months.

Cheers,

- Matthew

Hard to explain precisely, but I was experiencing a dull rattling noise as I went over small bumps in the road which sounded like it was coming from the driver's side wheel well.  Also, hitting a speed bump (a small one in a carpark, not the huge ones on roads) at more than a very slow speed would cause a distinct BAM from the front as if the wheel was slamming back down on the road.

I also noticed this morning that the car leans worse into that side. I took a left-hand corner at a mild speed and punched out of it, and the inner tyre gave a big squeal.  I mustn't have been hitting it around corners much for the last couple of months.

Cheers,

- Matthew

The stock suspension is hopeless, get the car lowered with better shocks. I found that by lowering the car the brake performance improved dramatically from reduced nose dive. My shocks are also starting to make noises over little bumps on the road. Just another "quality lapse" from Toyota.