Info about Government Car on Auction

sionghua

Last august/september I found a lot of ex-Government Camry available for auction on Manheimfowles Melbourne, but recently the number has dropped. Is there a period of time during the year (like after tax return) when these cars are available in large quantity?

What should I expect for the prices of these cars? About their trade-in prices as on Redbook? $2,000 lower than that? Thanks.

Most government cars are sold once they reach 40000k on the clock. Just before the end of the financial year would probably be their busiest time, when they are working out their next year's budgets.

Most government cars are sold once they reach 40000k on the clock. Just before the end of the financial year would probably be their busiest time, when they are working out their next year's budgets.

yep hes on the dot...my old man got a v6 camry from their last year...cost him 15gs with less than 40ks on the clok and it still has its factory warranty...

• 1 month later...

but i feel it's really risky purchasing one from an auction. Sure they are cheaper.

company cars are the worst treated ones, being floored to redline on a cold engine.

No sense of care or pride when it's not your car right? :lol:

but i feel it's really risky purchasing one from an auction. Sure they are cheaper.

company cars are the worst treated ones, being floored to redline on a cold engine.

No sense of care or pride when it's not your car right? :lol:

well it depends on where it has come from.....i saw a v6 camry used by the nsw police...we stayed away from tht becoz of tht reason....the one we ended up gettin came from a university driven by a professor....so yeah im sure professors dont flogg cars :P....my mums car is a 95 camry which also came from a govn. auction...and its still going strong....if u get the newer cars...u shld be fine becoz most of them have the factory warranty still! also i think commies and falcons get flogged more coz of their massive engines.....so yeah i think its worth it.......

no doubt if you find a good car from an auction its a wonderful buy, but when you find something below average it hurts.

Theres no gurantee on them and no test drives. Luck of the draw most of the time.