Decisions, Decisions....

Davenic

Right, I'm in the market for a SX6 Aurion but I have a problem.

I can't decide which colour I like.

I've seen a white in the flesh and was impressed but my last 3 cars have been white and I feel I need some colour.

I took a black ZR6 for a test drive. It was a wet day and the black looked sensational but you do tend to lose the black highlights around the front and back of the car.

One colour that I've yet to see is Inferno. The pics on the web make it hard to tell what it truely looks like. Has anyone seen this colour? Is it red or more 'burnt orange'? Can you still get an SX6 in a nice red?

If anyone in the SE of Melbourne owns an Inferno Red SX6 or ZR6 and would be willing to let me have a look at it, I would appreciate it.

Cheers.

Right, I'm in the market for a SX6 Aurion but I have a problem.

I can't decide which colour I like.

I've seen a white in the flesh and was impressed but my last 3 cars have been white and I feel I need some colour.

I took a black ZR6 for a test drive. It was a wet day and the black looked sensational but you do tend to lose the black highlights around the front and back of the car.

One colour that I've yet to see is Inferno. The pics on the web make it hard to tell what it truely looks like. Has anyone seen this colour? Is it red or more 'burnt orange'? Can you still get an SX6 in a nice red?

If anyone in the SE of Melbourne owns an Inferno Red SX6 or ZR6 and would be willing to let me have a look at it, I would appreciate it.

Cheers.

the black imo does not show off the car very well even though its my favourite color on cars. i was originally going to get black but didnt like it. also the other thing you need to worry about black is the cleaning. no problem for me but you might not like to wash your car very often and will look dirtier quicker than the other colors. the cherry redish color looks really good imo. im not a fan of too juicy colors even though i bought aurora gold which imo is the best color for the car but i think you cant get it for the sx6. still have a look though if you like the color. silver is another good color. so its really upto you at the end. if you wash your car regularly, you dont need to worry about people saying ohhh it gets really dirty quickly :). if so that leaves you with black, inferno, silver, white and the light blue.

ive numbered my favourites below to help you out with the color.

1. aurora gold

2. cherry red

3. white

4. silver

5. blue

6. black

7. inferno

8. (new) dark grey

hope it helps.

Edited by Buri_ZR6

IMO - Blue . . . if I was able to choose the colour mine would be Caribbean Blue. I got silver cause I don't mind silver and the deal on the 2nd hand car was good.

sx6up6.jpg

The blue in the gallery looks sweet http://www.toyota.com.au/toyota/vehicle/Ga...86_1392,00.html

The Inferno is more of a Burn Orange which you can see in the gallery and looks similar in real life.

sx6boce3.jpg

1. aurora gold

2. cherry red

3. white

4. silver

5. blue

6. black

7. inferno

8. (new) dark grey

hope it helps.

awww come on... no love for the cyber green?? :(

The Inferno is more of a Burn Orange which you can see in the gallery and looks similar in real life.

sx6boce3.jpg

This is what I mean.

I've seen this 'Inferno' colour mentioned numerous times and each time it looks different.

This is the TRD Aurion, supposedly in Inferno Red.

aurion_sports_02.jpg

Now, I like that red but the image on the Toyota website, which is the one Danos posted - looks "orangey" - and I'm not as keen on that colour.

1. aurora gold

2. cherry red

3. white

4. silver

5. blue

6. black

7. inferno

8. (new) dark grey

hope it helps.

awww come on... no love for the cyber green?? :(

hate green on cars. hate it so much that if they gave me a ferrari in green i would still not accept it. green only looks nice on people and trees imo :D hate it to death on cars. sorry :) got too personal lol

sx6boce3.jpg

This is what I mean.

I've seen this 'Inferno' colour mentioned numerous times and each time it looks different.

aurion_sports_02.jpg

Now, I like that red but the image on the Toyota website, which is the one Danos posted - looks "orangey" - and I'm not as keen on that colour.

if they had the inferno red which is the trd concept color, i would pick that with my eyes closed. so sexy. but unfortunately they only have it on trd aurion.

sx6boce3.jpg

This is what I mean.

aurion_sports_02.jpg

if they had the inferno red which is the trd concept color, i would pick that with my eyes closed. so sexy. but unfortunately they only have it on trd aurion.

You sure that's not Wildfire - which is a red not currently available on the SX6 or the ZR6

sx6boce3.jpg

This is what I mean.

aurion_sports_02.jpg

You sure that's not Wildfire - which is a red not currently available on the SX6 or the ZR6

This is what I'm thinking, Danos, I think people are getting confused and calling it 'Inferno' when really it's 'Wildfire'.

But get onto Google and type in "Inferno Aurion" and you get pages of cars that look, to me, like Wildfire.

Which makes me wonder why Toyota would delete this colour from the SX6/ZR6 line-up when it looks a great colour for the car.

If the 'Inferno' is indeed a burnt orange, I won't be getting it.

Yeah I see what you mean . . . no red's for the SX6 or ZR6

You can get Wildfire on the AT-X/Prodigy but not the Gold or Inferno . . . . Strongly doubt you are getting a AT-X (or a Prodigy) . . . Not that there is anything wrong with them at all.

Personally,

No Gold, No Red, No Inferno, No Blue(UNLESS BABY BLUE~)

No black?(coz seen too much on the road, but i like it)

hrm.. wat r we left with?

White is nice; silver is old, but still, i seen 1 and it look nice too; i photoshop a baby blue, I LOVE IT~ just tat it will cost 6k?

mb dark grey(Tungsten? wat kinda name) hey?

ah, i can see your pressure now..

but this is sometime u gonna see everyday, search for wat U urself like is more important huh?

Also, 1 concern tat i forgot to consider b4 buying my car, if u decide to get body kit or u think u gonna get involved in accident often than others. You have to know that some colours are harder to "colour match" than others, this is a farkin headache! I sent my car back to AAMI to repaint my lip for 3 times, STILL there is a difference, SO~ I CHANGED MY INSURANCE COMPANY!! wat choice do i still hv? sob*

Edited by dannywss

sx6boce3.jpg

This is what I mean.

aurion_sports_02.jpg

this is what i know. the trd aurions production model red color is different to the concept color and the normal aurion range. theres a cherry redish color in the aurion range and i think thats the one you guys are talking about that has been just removed from the list. that was the color that i recommended. i dont know why i wrote inferno red above. mustve mixed it up with some other red. the color that i would pick with my eyes closed is trd aurions concept models color. sorry for hedfuk :)

sx6boce3.jpg

This is what I mean.

aurion_sports_02.jpg

this is what i know. the trd aurions production model red color is different to the concept color and the normal aurion range. theres a cherry redish color in the aurion range and i think thats the one you guys are talking about that has been just removed from the list. that was the color that i recommended. i dont know why i wrote inferno red above. mustve mixed it up with some other red. the color that i would pick with my eyes closed is trd aurions concept models color. sorry for hedfuk :)

Buri_ZR6, I don't think it's you.

Go to any site selling Aurions, be it carsales, Drive, Car Point etc, most of the 'Red' cars are advertised as Inferno Red - when I don't think they are. Most are second hand/ex demo and I think many are in fact Wildfire.

I can't actually find a good photo of a car with the colour like this:

sx6boce3.jpg

In fact, the white is looking more and more appealing....

I know the feeling, my last 3 cars were white and for the new one, wife and kids raised serious objections about white.. "You're not buying another white car.."

Picked up an Aurion Touring in Caribbean Blue last week. Thought the blue was ok and now it seems to be growing on me and looks really good..

Whatever colour you choose, enjoy it..

I Have a ZR6 in red (whatever code name). During the day when the sun is out it is a sparkling res. At night it looks dull browny orange. The photo shown on the ad is taken at night or in a tunnel thus the change in colour possibly.

Color is simply personal problems...

White SX6 - Personally, when i look at it, look a bit too fat, and no colour variation...But if u install a TRD bodykit on it :yahoo:

Silver SX6 - Dunno y, if not enough accesories, Silver wont make a sporty car. This color is usually goes for VIP type of car.Im not sayin this is a bad combination...It still looks good though..

Black SX6 - I like it..It's easy to get dirty...I know... However..It looks sexy..Especially when it's shiny.. Sexy

Red SX6 - Another good color but again.. This dpends on what color u like..

My car is Black and my rims are about to be black as well...Black all the way..LoL

1 Sad thing about Sportivo black...The grill doesnt look as good as they were in other colours..Sad but true

But hey...Just change the grill????

White SX6 - Personally, when i look at it, look a bit too fat, and no colour variation...But if u install a TRD bodykit on it :yahoo:

Silver SX6 - Dunno y, if not enough accesories, Silver wont make a sporty car. This color is usually goes for VIP type of car.Im not sayin this is a bad combination...It still looks good though..

Black SX6 - I like it..It's easy to get dirty...I know... However..It looks sexy..Especially when it's shiny.. Sexy

My car is Black and my rims are about to be black as well...Black all the way..LoL

1 Sad thing about Sportivo black...The grill doesnt look as good as they were in other colours..Sad but true

VFX, would you share the picture of your car when you have those black rim? thanks.

VFX, would you share the picture of your car when you have those black rim? thanks.

I'll be glad to...In around a month I think..

Bought the rims outside Aussie..Takes quite a while to ship it over.