ACR 30 Current Drain

Dna

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I have an ACR 30 tarago and if I don't drive it for a couple of days the battery goes flat. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? I would like to be able to fix whatever the problem is cos it's really frustrating having to tow it out of the garage and up the driveway just so the jumper leads will reach.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I have an ACR 30 tarago and if I don't drive it for a couple of days the battery goes flat. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? I would like to be able to fix whatever the problem is cos it's really frustrating having to tow it out of the garage and up the driveway just so the jumper leads will reach.

all 3 of ours have the same problem - and it is worse if the kids don't shut the door properly or leave a light on. I am starting to worry about the alternator on one but if you get an answer I will be interested in what they say

Hi Dna, it sounds to me like your battery has come to the end of it's life. Have you got any idea how old the battery is? A new battery should keep its charge for around 5 years or so, while an old battery loses its charge quite quickly, especially if it's sitting around. From what you've said, it seems that if the car is only sitting for one day it'll start up ok, but if left for 2 or more it won't start? That tells me that the alternator is doing it's job and charging the battery, but the battery is too old to keep its charge. You can have your battery tested easily by a mechanic or auto electrician, or you can do it yourself if you know what you're doing with a muti-meter.

i hope that helps.

Hi Dna, it sounds to me like your battery has come to the end of it's life. Have you got any idea how old the battery is? A new battery should keep its charge for around 5 years or so, while an old battery loses its charge quite quickly, especially if it's sitting around. From what you've said, it seems that if the car is only sitting for one day it'll start up ok, but if left for 2 or more it won't start? That tells me that the alternator is doing it's job and charging the battery, but the battery is too old to keep its charge. You can have your battery tested easily by a mechanic or auto electrician, or you can do it yourself if you know what you're doing with a muti-meter.

i hope that helps.

Cheers for the reply. The battery is less than 12 monthe old, the old one having died a slow death. It seems to me that there is some sort or current drain when the car is left sitting. It normally gets driven every day and I know the alternator is ok.

• 8 years later...

I've had an ACR30 for 8 years, and it's always done this, whether the battery is new or old.  One thing I've noticed is that even if the door lights are switched to not turn on when the doors are open, leaving a door not fully closed will run the battery flat.